Board of Regents Approves New Programs for Academic Year 17-18
- Reconfiguration of four graduate programs: MS and PhD in Textiles, Apparel & Merchandising
and the MS and PhD in Agricultural & Extension Education, which were previously listed
in the now defunct Human Ecology graduate program. Both programs are now in the College
- Approval of a new Post-doctoral Certificate in Medical Physics offered by the Department
of Physics and Astronomy and a Graduate Certificate in Teaching Health Professions
offered by the School of Veterinary Medicine.
- Approval of the BS in Entrepreneurship, a unique opportunity only offered at LSU,
which allows students to bridge academic units across campus through paired degree
programs while simultaneously teaching students the theory and practice of entrepreneurship.
- Approval to change the name of the Department of Information Systems and Decision
Sciences to the Department of Entrepreneurship and Information Systems.
- Approval to change the degree designation for the BS in Computer Engineering from BS.EE to the BS.CoE. Diplomas will now state a student has earned a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering instead of the previous designation, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.