2014 Fraud and Forensic Accounting Conference Registration Open
BATON ROUGE – The LSU Department of Accounting will host the 2014 Fraud & Forensic Accounting Conference on Monday, July 28 and Tuesday, July 29, at the Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge, located at 4728 Constitution Avenue.
The two-day event will allow participants to earn up to 13.5 hours of continuing professional education. Scheduled to speak are the following:
- Sri Ramamoorti, Kennesaw State University – Behavioral Side of Forensic Accounting
- Jason MacMorran, P&N – Business Valuations and Effective Management Interviews
- Mark Anderson, 5 IDNs – Stopping Healthcare Fraud
- Donna Torres, LSU – Fraud: Government/University Emphasis
- Tim Naddy, Shorter University – Interviewing Mechanics: What Exactly is Underneath the Interviewee’s Hood?
- Scott Hilsen, KPMG – How to Tell if Someone is Lying to You
- Richard Scrushy, 7venth Power – Building the Billion $ Company: Things That Can Go Wrong
- Frank Panepinto, Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions – Identifying and Investigating Securities Fraud
- Joseph Mason, LSU Department of Finance – Structured Finance Fraud: Mortgages & More
- Mark Shirley, V&L Consultants – Badges of Fraud
- Ted Magee, Internal Revenue Service – Tracing/Fining Hidden Assets
- Toby Groves, Groves Research and Consulting – Psychology of Fraud
The conference registration fee is $300 for both days or $150 for individual days. Certified public accountants, certified fraud examiners, certified internal auditors, forensic accountants, governmental accountants and other accounting and auditing professionals or educators are encouraged to attend.
To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/qzh72gs.
The Department of Accounting at LSU’s E. J. Ourso College of Business strives for excellence in teaching, research and service to the accounting profession. With a mission of producing graduates at all levels who excel in their pursuits, the department offers undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students for careers in various fields, including industry, auditing, finance, government and academia. For more information, visit www.business.lsu.edu/accounting, call 225-578-6202 or email email@example.com.
“Like” the E. J. Ourso College of Business on Facebook at LSUOursoCollege, follow on Twitter @lsuoursocollege or join on LinkedIn through the LSU E.J. Ourso College of Business Alumni page.