Several LSU Programs Ranked in 2014 U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Graduate Schools”
BATON ROUGE – In addition to the LSU Flores MBA Programs 20-spot jump in the latest U.S. News & World Report “America’s Best Graduate Schools” ranking, several other LSU programs appear on this year’s rankings.
Each year, U.S. News & World Report ranks professional-school programs in business, education, engineering, law and medicine. These rankings are based on two types of data: expert opinions about program quality and statistical indicators that measure the quality of a school’s faculty, research and students.
In addition to the five main professional disciplines ranked annually, U.S. News also periodically ranks graduate programs in science, social sciences and humanities, health, and many other areas based solely on the ratings of academic experts. For the 2014 edition, new rankings have been published for social sciences and humanities’ Ph.D. programs in English, history, political science, psychology and sociology, as well as for master’s programs in library and information studies.
The LSU graduate programs ranked this year include:
- Ph.D. Program in English: LSU ranked 82 out of 156 schools listed
- Ph.D. Program in History: LSU ranked 84 out of 147 schools listed
- Ph.D. Program in Political Science: LSU ranked 68 out of 119 schools listed
- Ph.D. Program in Psychology: LSU ranked 117 out of 246 schools listed
- Ph.D. Program in Sociology: LSU ranked 76 out of 117 schools listed
- Master’s Program in Library and Information Studies: LSU ranked 27 out of 51 schools listed
Other university graduate programs that saw updated rankings in the 2014 report include the College of Engineering, ranked 97; the College of Human Sciences & Education, ranked 100; and the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center, ranked 76.
For more information on the 2014 U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Graduate Schools,” visit http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools.