Season’s Readings: LSU Press Holiday Book Sale Nov. 29
BATON ROUGE – Music fans, food lovers, art aficionados, architecture enthusiasts, history buffs, political junkies, fiction readers – check off everyone on the holiday shopping list in one evening at the LSU Press holiday book sale, presented in conjunction with the shops at Circa 1857 & Yvette Marie’s.
This year’s Season’s Readings, on Thursday, Nov. 29, from 5-7:30 p.m., boasts a wide array of great titles, more than a dozen local authors, a 35-percent discount on books, free gift wrapping and the opportunity to shop the boutiques at Circa 1857. The event includes live music by Rio Luminoso and refreshments by Bonanno’s Catering.
Special guests will be in attendance to sign copies of LSU Press books:
- “The Delta Queen Cookbook” author Cynthia LeJeune Nobles
- “Louisiana Saturday Night” author Alex V. Cook
- “Daisy Petals and Mushroom Clouds” author Robert Mann
- “Clementine Hunter” authors Tom Whitehead and Art Shiver
- “Louisiana Aviation” author Vincent P. Caire
- “Atchafalaya” photographer C. C. Lockwood
- “Dirtdobber Blues” author Cyril E. Vetter
- “Acadiana” authors Philip Gould and Carl Brasseaux
- “Public Spaces, Private Gardens” author Lake Douglas
- “We Were Merchants” author Hans Sternberg
- “Molly the Pony” author Pam Kaster
- “Best of LSU Fiction” editors Nolde Alexius and Judy Kahn
Many other LSU Press titles will be available for sale, all at a significant discount. Classics like “A Confederacy of Dunces” and “Fonville Winans’ Louisiana,” as well as new releases like Pam Durban’s “The Tree of Forgetfulness” and Suzanne Perron’s “Designing in Ivory and White,” will be discounted 35 percent, and gift wrapping is free. In addition, The Southern Review will be offering discounted subscriptions and selling copies of its journal.
Circa 1857 is located at 1857 Government St. in Baton Rouge. For more information on Season’s Readings, please contact LSU Press at 225-578-8282 or visit www.lsupress.org.