LSU’s Kerry Sauley to Present “Art of Effective Feedback” in Half-Day Program
BATON ROUGE – LSU Executive Education will offer a half-day program titled “Art of Effective Feedback and Communication within Organizations” on Friday, Oct 12, from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in room 1420 of the Business Education Complex. The Business Education Complex is located on Nicholson Drive Extension.
Kerry Sauley, the Marjory B. Ourso Excellence in Teaching Professor in the Rucks Department of Management at LSU, will instruct participants on the benefits of feedback for any work team at any level of an organization. Course objectives include:
- To understand how effective feedback increases performance
- To explain how to give feedback to employees that will be accepted and improve their performance
- To increase awareness of and ability to deal with defensiveness related to poor performance issues
- To describe methods of making negative feedback more effective in eliciting the desired performance behavior
- To present a set of guidelines for effectively receiving feedback on one’s performance
“The benefits of incorporating regular feedback into an organization are numerous,” stated LSU Executive Education Director Robin Kistler. “Kerry will explain the reasons why feedback is so important, and share tips on how to take the dread out of having those crucial conversations with team members.”
Registration for the event is $165 per participant. Nonprofit and group rates are available. Registration can be completed online at executive.lsu.edu or by clicking http://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1081655.
For nearly 50 years LSU Executive Education, part of the Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute at the E. J. Ourso College of Business, has prepared individuals and organizations to meet the challenges of a changing workplace and economy. Focusing on professional development in leadership and business, Executive Education partners with organizations that believe the key to sustainability is investing in their most valuable resource – people . Visit executive.lsu.edu for more information about non-credit and non-degree programs.