LSU LBTC, LSBDC to Host Free Workshop Series
BATON ROUGE – The LSU Louisiana Business & Technology Center, or LBTC, and the Louisiana Small Business Development Center, or LSBDC, will co-host a series of five free workshops for emerging entrepreneurs, beginning Wednesday, Feb. 8. This “New Venture Workshops” series will provide the guidance needed to successfully launch or grow a business. Each session will focus on a different aspect of the business planning process.
According to LSBDC, the workshops will be as follows:
- From Idea to Application: The Planning Process: (Wednesday, Feb. 8) Sets the stage for a successful business planning process, early issues to address and do’s and don’ts of business planning
- Legal Structure and Intellectual Property: (Wednesday, Feb. 15) Explains business structure, ownership, trademark, patents and other intellectual property and legal issues
- Entrepreneurial Marketing: (Wednesday, Feb. 29) Market research and industry analysis: target market, competition profile, distribution, promotion, price, SWOT and competitive advantage
- Entrepreneurial Finance and How to Structure the Deal: (Wednesday, March 14) What angel investors look for in a business plan, developing financial pro formas and fundable ventures
- Pitching Your Idea: (Wednesday, April 4) How to prepare your pitch: what should be included and what should be left out, presentation and delivery, investor lingo and what to expect during negotiations
All workshops will be held at the Louisiana Emerging Technology Center, located at Building 340, East Parker Boulevard in Baton Rouge, from 5 to 6 p.m. on the specified dates. Sign-in will start at 4:45 p.m. Although the sessions are free, registration is requested and can be completed at www.lsbdc.org/lsu or by contacting Daniel Vlosky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-3986.
The Louisiana Business & Technology Center, an integral part of LSU’s E. J. Ourso College of Business’s Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute, endeavors to enhance economic development in Louisiana through the support of existing small businesses and the development of new businesses. Established in 1988, the LBTC’s highly successful business incubator program has been honored as the National Business Incubator Association’s Incubator of the Year and with the U.S. Department of Commerce–Economic Development Administration’s Excellence in Economic Development 2009. For more information, visit www.business.lsu.edu/lbtc or call 225-578-7555.
The Louisiana Small Business Development Center Network is a program funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration, or SBA; Louisiana Economic Development; and host universities. All opinions or recommendations expresses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. All SBA programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for person with disabilities and limited English proficiency will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the LSBDC Technology Center at LSU at 225-578-4842 or email email@example.com for assistance.