Give to LSU Student Affairs
Your gift to LSU Student Affairs funds award-winning, high-impact programs that enhance student success inside and outside the classroom. Support from LSU alumni, friends, and families is essential in promoting student engagement, retention, graduation, and transitioning to a career.
LSU Family Council members lead the LSU Family Association by communicating available LSU resources to parents and students, providing special feedback to LSU staff, and promoting philanthropy efforts among parents.
Each year, gifts to the Student Experience Fund reach all departments across Student Affairs. Among the most important and valuable forms of support, your gift helps provide flexibility in meeting our commitment to student success. Your gift to the Student Experience Fund, regardless of size, has a direct impact on the college experience of current Tigers. This fund has supported programs such as:
- Diversity Internships: The Olinde Career Center provided a scholarship stipend to a minority or underrepresented student to get valuable work experience without the pressure of choosing a job solely based on financial situation.
- Geaux Tailgate: Students enjoyed a safe, alcohol-free environment to tailgate before an LSU football game. Many first year and international students do not have other tailgates to attend on campus, and this event creates a welcoming environment for all LSU students. This event is coordinated by Campus Life and First Year Experience.
- Tutoring Supplies: The Center for Academic Success employs tutors to assist all LSU students, especially those in STEM fields. The Student Affairs unrestricted fund is able to provide teaching materials, such as science models, to assist students with understanding difficult concepts.
LSU Fundraising Priorities
Among many opportunities to support Student Affairs are top university priorities including:
- The LSU Center for Academic Success provides students with strategies, support, and tools needed to be successful in their majors, stay in school, and graduate in a timely manner. Many students admit they would not have passed critical courses without this free service, which could not be available without philanthropic support. An endowment of $5 million will provide perpetual, stable funding for this nationally recognized program.
- Our newly established LSU Veteran & Military Student Services unit serves veterans and service members as they pursue the new mission of obtaining a college degree. In recognition of and appreciation for the sacrifices made by the men and women who serve our country, LSU will renovate an area near the LSU Bookstore to meet the needs of our veterans. The $1.5 million goal will outfit this space to provide programming for student veterans.
General scholarship support is essential in retaining and graduating high-quality students prepared for today’s workforce. Scholarships lift part of the financial burden of college so students can focus on what is most important: gaining an outstanding education. To make a lasting difference for students year after year, consider creating an endowed scholarship. Contact us about starting a scholarship.
Your connection to LSU and Student Affairs helps build an invaluable base of support through alumni time, money, and ideas. It is so important to share your advice and stories from your time at LSU with current LSU student students and leaders as they navigate through their own college experiences. Alumni can also donate specifically to individual student organizations or to the area of greatest need in the division. Contact us to find out how you can continue to be involved at LSU.
Our development efforts focus on building long-lasting relationships with donors to enhance the student experience and drive economic development. We are dedicated to stewarding each gift to maximize donor impact on making LSU one of the best universities in the world. We can help you connect with LSU Student Affairs in a way that is meaningful to you. If you would like to speak to us about your philanthropic investment, please contact us anytime.