Our team is committed to student success. Listening to and learning more about our students on an ongoing basis is essential in achieving that mission.
Student Affairs is home to six large departments, other units critical to student success, and numerous programs, services, and events.
As marketing and communications professionals across the Division of Student Affairs, our team is responsible for the strategic development and management of initiatives to support successful recruitment, engagement, and retention of students on the road to graduation. We develop and maintain relationships with prospective students, current students, parents and families, alumni, donors, sponsors, and other friends.
Our team produces numerous manages dozens of social media feeds in a variety of channels, digital newsletters targeting specific audiences, and creates publications and materials keeping sustainability as a priority.
The central office is keenly aware of the need to do more with less and places a strong emphasis on digital, social, and mobile marketing, as well as marketing technology. Through the Marketing Communications Council, the team:
- Connects marketing to divisional and university strategy
- Engages students, alumni, and all audiences with messages about student success
- Focuses on key priorities
- Strengthens internal capabilities and resources
- Organizes agile cross-functional working groups
- Shares content and engaging in critical dialogue
If you have questions about marketing communications within our division and/or student affairs at LSU, please contact us.
The LSU Student Affairs Marketing Communications Council is a peer group for professionals responsible in their units for promoting programs, services, and events to prospective and current students through marketing, communications, web, social media, and mobile strategies.
Each department within the Division of Student Affairs is represented on the Marcom Council to foster collaboration on retention and success initiatives. We work together at our digital project management platform and meet regularly for brainstorming and professional development. Members include:
Office of the Dean of Students -- Michelle Lowery
- Office of the Dean of Students -- Campus Life -- Margo Jolet
- Office of the Dean of Students -- Greek Life -- Allison Salamack
- Office of the Vice President -- Pam Coltharp (Chair)
Olinde Career Center -- Kenissa McKay
Residential LIfe -- Catherine David; Danielle Dreeszen
Student Health Center -- [ vacant ]
- Student Success -- Center for Academic Success -- Tatum Lyles
- Student Success-- First Year Experience -- Maggi Spurlock
University Recreation -- John Nickerson; Megan Hale