Organizations Relief Fund (ORF)
How does my organization receive funding?
- Step 1: Submit application at least two weeks prior to the date of your trip.
- Step 2: Register as a supplier with LSU.
- Step 3: Present trip information to the ORF Committee.
- Step 4: Consult with the ORF account manager (if funding approved) to review reimbursement process and forms required.
Step 5: Submit required forms within two weeks of end of trip.
- Application - The application must be submitted through TigerLink and include required documentation noted below.
- Budget - Please use the budget template on the menu of this page to enter your travel expenses and upload it with the application on TigerLink. The expenses for your trip may include hotel fees, registration fees, transportation, and other potential fees. Please note which portions are currently covered by other sources of funding (i.e. sponsors or fundraising).
- Conference Schedule - Please upload a PDF of the conference schedule with the application on TigerLink.
- Student List - Please use the student list template on the menu of this page to enter the information for the students participating in your trip and upload it with the application on TigerLink.
- Trip Travel Insurance - Registered student organizations who travel with the assistance of ORF must secure student travel insurance from LSU Risk Management. Organizations should complete the "Organization/Department" form. When completing the form, you must check the box at the end that says "Send me a copy of my responses." You will receive a confirmation email. The confirmation email should be saved as a PDF and uploaded with the TigerLink application.
- Application - Please note that If you do not follow the steps above, the application will be in a "Pending" status and will not be seen by the committee. If you do not complete the entire application, it will be denied and you will be required to add additional information and resubmit.
- Student Eligibility - Each student must meet the following criteria to be eligible for funding:
- Students must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students at Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge);
- Students must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA and be in good academic standing with the University;
- Students must not be on disciplinary probation or deferred suspension;
- Graduating seniors who are not registered full-time may still receive funding in the semester in which they are scheduled to graduate.
- Travel Regulations - University travel regulations can be found under LSU Permanent Memorandum 13 (PM-13). Travel updates and forms can be found on the Accounts Payable & Travel website. Flights and bus charters are available under the state-contracted rate from the vendors below. If these vendors are not used for travel, a justification must be included in reimbursement documents.
If your application is approved for review by the ORF Committee, you will receive an email with a specific date to present to the committee (required per the bylaws). The representative must have knowledge about the event and the organization's budget.
The presentation style is informal. Handouts are encouraged, but not required. AV equipment will not be available. Please be prepared to share the following information:
- Mission of Organization
- Purpose of Travel
- Trip Details & Dates
- History of Funds Received from ORF
- ORF Committee Chair: Matthew Moreau
- Dean of Students Representative: Michelle Lowery