FYE Executive Staff
Students interested in serving on an FYE Executive Staff should complete the online application by 4:30 pm on Wednesday, September 20th, 2017. Please note that the application procedure includes an online application (resume and cover letter upload required) and interview/presentation. Once you submit your online application, you will receive a separate email from Alyssa Jacobs (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up for an interview time on October 2nd-5th, 2017.
The following positions are available:
- Bengal Bound Exec: Chair, Campus Traditions Chair, Communications Chair, Event Logistics Chair, Media Chair (For more information about each poistion, please click here).
- STRIPES Exec: Chair, Campus Life Coordinator, Events/Logistics/Hospitality Coordinator, History and Traditions Coordinator, Streak Leader (For more information about each position, please click here).
- Tiger Transition Team Exec: Chair, Academics Coordinator, Events Coordinator, Peer Engagement Coordinator (For more information about each position, please click here).
To serve as a member of 2018 Executive Staff, you must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at LSU during the academic year,
- Be in good academic standing with the University with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA for the semester and cumulative, and
- Not be on probation with restrictions.
Timeline & Process
- September 20th—Executive Staff applications close
- September 7th-20th— Executive Staff interviews/presentations scheduled
- October 2nd-5th— Executive Staff interviews/presentations
- October 6th— Executive Staff announced
- Attend Executive Staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintain confidentiality in communication, decision making and other program processes
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and cohesion of student leaders
- January 24th-26th—Table Sits
- January 26th—Interview and Group Process Run Through
- February 2nd-7th—Interviews
- February 15th-18th—Group Process
- March 2nd—Full staff cohesions
- March 16th—Final Run Through, All Exec
- April 6th-8th—FYE Leadership Summit
- Assist in the recruitment and registration of participants
- Promote FYE by participating in all events sponsored by Experience LSU and Admissions
- Serve as a positive role model to student leaders and participants
- Follow and enforce all FYE and University rules and regulations
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Bengal Bound and T3 Exec Staff must maintain 2 office hours per week.
STRIPES Only- Additional Requirements
- Have previously served on the STRIPES staff in some capacity,
- Maintain a minimum of two office hours per week in the fall, 4 office hours per week in the spring, and six hours per week in the summer, and
- Reside in Baton Rouge during the summer through August 9th.
Please note that due to time commitments and schedule conflicts, a student cannot serve as a STRIPES Executive staff member and an Experience LSU or Parent Experience LSU Leader.