Congratulations to the Tiger Twelve Class of 2018!
In 1995, students, staff and faculty came together to craft a statement of position regarding our basic principles as an academic community. The LSU Commitment to Community states our expectations for each LSU community member.
To promote these principles, each spring, the Office of the Dean of Students recognizes 12 outstanding seniors who contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community. These 12 individuals are then recognized as the Tiger Twelve. In keeping with the LSU Commitment to Community, these students:
- hold themselves to the highest standards of academic, personal, and social integrity
- practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations
- respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences
To be eligible for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2018, a student must:
- Demonstrate the principles of the LSU Commitment to Community through scholarship, actions, and contributions;
- Have a cumulative gpa of at least 2.5;
- Graduate in May, August or December of 2018;
- Have current full-time status at LSU (unless graduating in May 2018); and
- Be in good academic and accountability standing.
The Tiger Twelve nomination process closed on Friday, January 26, 2018. If you missed the nomination process, please encourage eligible students to complete the application. See details below on the application process.
Eligible senior and graduate level students may apply for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2018 starting on January 29, 2018.
Twelve students will be chosen based on the evaluation of the application including
gpa and the significance of involvement as it relates to the seven tenets of the LSU
Commitment to Community. Applicants may be asked to participate in an interview during
this process. Students will be notified accordingly.
If you are interested in being considered for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2018, please complete the application below. You will be required to login and create an account on TigerLink with your myLSU credentials. Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, February 9, 2018.
The Tiger Twelve Class of 2018 will be recognized at a reception held on April 21 in the Rotunda of the LSU Business Education Complex.
If you have any questions, please send an email to Michelle Lowery or call (225) 578-9442.