Our on-campus Tutorial Center offers free assistance with homework, test preparation,
and study strategies in many subject areas.
The Center for Academic Success provides FREE tutoring by trained peer tutors. No
appointment is necessary. Stop by with your books, notes, and assignments. Tutors
are always available for 1000 and 2000 level math and science courses. View tutoring schedules for all other subjects.
Shell Tutorial Center
Trained peer tutors help with homework, test preparation, and study strategies. No
appointment is necessary.
141B Middleton Library
9:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
9:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Smarthinking Online Tutoring
(900 free minutes for current students)
Access Smarthinking through the Student Services drop down menu in Moodle
Additional On-Campus Tutoring
Tutoring Matching Service
As a courtesy to students and parents wanting individual assistance for students,
the CAS provides a link to Tutoring Matching Service (TMS) where LSU students can register to provide and receive tutoring for payment.
Tutoring Fiction vs. Fact
- FICTION: Tutorial Center Tutors give undivided one-on-one assistance.
- FACT: Our walk-in center is serves as many students as possible. High demand subjects
have 3-5 tutors for every 15 students, and wait-times may occur.
- FICTION: Tutors provide answers to assignments.
- FACT: Our tutors are CRLA trained to provide guidance on how to achieve the correct answer,
which will help you succeed when taking the test.
- FICTION: Tutoring can replace class time.
- FACT: Tutors support students in clearing up minor problems and cannot replace class time
or effective study habits.
- FICTION: Tutors know everything.
- FACT: Tutors are just like you. They take courses taught by a variety of professors and
may not be familiar with every concept or homework assignment in each course.
- FICTION: Tutors pick and choose which students they help.
- FACT: Tutors respond to flags raised in their assigned subject areas in request order.
- FICTION: Private tutors are employed by the CAS.
- FACT: The CAS provides private tutor names through a Tutor Matching Service as a courtesy,
but does not employ private tutors and is not responsible for their service quality.
- FICTION: Students who have a poor experience should quit attending the tutorial center.
- FACT: Feedback matters! Complete a Tutor Rate Card, so CAS can quickly address issues.