Our on-campus Tutorial Center offers free assistance with homework, test preparation, and study strategies in many subject areas.
The Center for Academic Success provides FREE tutoring by trained peer tutors. No appointment is necessary. Stop by with your books, notes, and assignments. Tutors are always available for 1000 and 2000 level math and science courses. View tutoring schedules for all other subjects.
Shell Tutorial Center
Trained peer tutors help with homework, test preparation, and study strategies. No appointment is necessary.
141B Middleton Library
Shell Tutorial Center Summer 2017 Courses
ARABIC (All Sections) MATH 1550
BIOL 1001 MATH 1552
BIOL 1002 MATH 2057
BIOL 1201 MATH 2065
BIOL 1202 MATH 2070
CHEM 1201 MATH 2090
CHEM 1202 ME 2273
CHEM 2261 ME 2733
CHEM 2262 ME 3633
CE 2450 ME 3752
CE 3400 PHYS 2001
EE 3950 PHYS 2110
EE 2950 PHYS 2112
FREE Online Tutoring
(900 free minutes for current students)
Access this in Moodle through the Student Services drop down menu
State of Louisiana Homework Help
This service is from the State Library of Louisiana and you can access it from a public library or your home in Louisiana.
Additional On-Campus Tutoring
- Genesis Tutoring provided by Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Writing Support provided by CxC
- Residential Life Tutoring Resources
- Physics Tutorial Center provided by Department of Physics & Astronomy
Tutoring Matching Service
As a courtesy to students and parents wanting individual assistance for students, the CAS provides a link to Tutoring Matching Service (TMS) where LSU students can register to provide and receive tutoring for payment.
Tutoring Fiction vs. Fact
- FICTION: Tutorial Center Tutors give undivided one-on-one assistance.
- FACT: Our walk-in center is serves as many students as possible. High demand subjects have 3-5 tutors for every 15 students, and wait-times may occur.
- FICTION: Tutors provide answers to assignments.
- FACT: Our tutors are CRLA trained to provide guidance on how to achieve the correct answer, which will help you succeed when taking the test.
- FICTION: Tutoring can replace class time.
- FACT: Tutors support students in clearing up minor problems and cannot replace class time or effective study habits.
- FICTION: Tutors know everything.
- FACT: Tutors are just like you. They take courses taught by a variety of professors and may not be familiar with every concept or homework assignment in each course.
- FICTION: Tutors pick and choose which students they help.
- FACT: Tutors respond to flags raised in their assigned subject areas in request order.
- FICTION: Private tutors are employed by the CAS.
- FACT: The CAS provides private tutor names through a Tutor Matching Service as a courtesy, but does not employ private tutors and is not responsible for their service quality.
- FICTION: Students who have a poor experience should quit attending the tutorial center.
- FACT: Feedback matters! Complete a Tutor Rate Card, so CAS can quickly address issues.