LSU's five student media penetrate the LSU marketplace more effectively than any other media with a unique combination of information and entertainment. Your message will reach not only our students, but faculty and staff as well, allowing your message to reach more than 36,000 people on the LSU campus. The Reveille, Gumbo, Legacy, KLSU and Tiger TV are produced by students for the LSU community and your message will be targeted toward this highly desirable market. LSU students alone will spend $160 million each year in goods and services.
LSU is a vibrant community on the move. This college market is considered an important segment of the youth market, which includes active consumers aged 12-24. This segment accounts for more than $300 billion in spending each year across a wide range of consumer goods and services. College students are savvy, brand-conscious and independent. These young adults are making purchases that will establish lifelong brand loyalties.
View the 2012-2013 Rate Card
The Reveille distributes 12,000 to 14,000 papers Monday through Friday on the LSU campus at more than 80 locations in the fall and spring and 8,000 copies Tuesdays and Thursdays during summers. The Reveille accepts local and agency display ads, inserts and classified ads. In addition, The Reveille features half a dozen special sections each year that allow advertisers to reach various specific segments of the LSU community, featured in a guide/magazine-style format. The guides begin with a freshman orientation mail-home edition, and include a dining & entertainment guide, an SEC Football guide, a spring break & fashion guide, the living guide, a career guide, and the graduation guide handed out at graduation ceremonies in the Spring.
The Reveille Online
Our website, lsureveille.com, features not only content from our print edition, but also extras like video and audio packages and video news feeds. The content is updated daily, with breaking news added as it happens. The website allows users to sign up for daily updates to receive the day's top headlines and breaking news. Our website has seen weeks of traffic with more than 65,000 unique visitors, and single-day numbers have exceeded 33,000.Our rates to reach this enormous audience make adding this piece to your media package an attractive option.
Affordable print advertising is also available in the award-winning Legacy magazine. The Legacy prints twice a semester, distributing 7,500 copies a run with more than 65 on-campus and surrounding area locations. The content in this magazine offers feature-length stories focused on student life and the world we live in. Its innovative design captures its audience to keep coming back for more.
The Gumbo, LSU's yearbook, includes advertising as part of its more than 300 full-color pages. Students, parents and alumni turn to its pages time and again for a trip down memory lane. In addition, appearing in the university's yearbook is an important way for a business to show its support for LSU.
KLSU reaches the Baton Rouge area with a popular mix of alternative (college) rock and specialty programming. Because of Federal Communications Commission regulations, KLSU accepts only underwriting, which differs significantly from traditional advertising. For example, KLSU cannot mention prices or make calls to action. However, KLSU promotes slogans, locations and neutral descriptions of products and services. KLSU is also the only station in Baton Rouge that emphasizes music by local and regional bands. KLSU is on the cutting edge of music by artists who have yet to sign with a big-name label.
Tiger Television, which airs on campus channel 75, reaches more than 6,000 students in residence halls, campus apartments as well as sorority and fraternity houses. The station mixes quality news, sports, and entertainment programming with MTV network's "MTVu" channel, targeting college students. Original programming is also rebroadcast on Cox Cable Channel 4 after live and rebroadcast airings on campus channel 75.
Our annual Living Expo is an event that attracts lots of students who come to check out vendors who might fit into their lifestyle. The event features booths from apartment complexes, condominium communities, banks, restaurants, gyms, entertainment, furniture, clothing and more. Different booth sizes and sponsorship packages are available.
For your advertising and underwriting solutions, call (225) 578-6090 for more information.
Back to the top
The Daily Reveille offers a Classifieds section in the daily newspaper. When a customer places an ad in the newspaper, they receive the added bonus of a listing in our online edition at no additional cost! You, the customer are in control of your own classified ad, and can place one at any time by logging on to lsureveille.com and clicking on "Classifieds," or just going to classifieds.lsureveille.com. Just set up your own account - it's easy!
Classifieds are a cheap and easy way to reach thousands of readers who just might be interested in what you have to offer. Whether you are looking for a place to live, a person to love, a new employee, tickets to buy, a roommate, or are looking to get rid of something you no longer need, the classifieds have just what you need.
How to Run a Reveille Classified Ad
- Go to "classifieds.lsureveille.com" or to lsureveille.com and click on "Classifieds."
- Click "Ad for New Customer" on the task menu on the left side of the screen and fill out the appropriate New Customer Information.
- Choose the type of ad you would like to place (Classification) such as "For Rent" or "Help Wanted."
- Salesrep-Skip over this box.
- Start Date-Choose the date you want your ad to start running.
- Times to Run-Type in the number of times you would like your ad to run in the paper. Click on the Calendar Box and Add or Remove the exact dates you want the ad to run in the paper.
- Rate-Skip over this box.
- Ad Format-Select how you would like the ad to look. For example: If you would like all bold letters or the ad to be centered in the middle of the column, etc. If you would like to see template examples, please click on "See other formats."
- Bold words-Type any words here that you want to appear in bold. You will notice as you type that the words will appear in the right hand column space so you can preview your ad.
- Ad body-Type the text for your ad in this space.
- Check price-Clicking this box will allow you to check the price of your ad.
- Edit text-You can change any word that you want by typing in the "Replace" and "With" box.
- Web only features-If you would like to add any features to your ad for the classifieds page on The Reveille Online, you can choose through the options in this section.
- Click "Click Here to Submit Your Ad" and then click "Create Customer"
- You will be asked to create an account by filling out basic information to store in our database.
- You still have one more chance to make changes to your ad in the next screen by clicking the "Make Changes" box below your ad.
- The next step is to fill out the payment by credit card. We can only accept payments from Discover, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. We cannot accept checks, cash, etc. (We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause). Also, if you had an account set up with us in the past, we are no longer allowed to handle open invoices. All ads must be paid for when they are set up.
- Once you've entered your payment information- click submit payment. At this point you will have the option to print a receipt as conformation for your ad and payment.
- At this point the ad will go to the classified manager for approval. The Daily Reveille does reserve the right to refuse any ad content. Unfortunately, because of the user-friendly nature of our system we do not give refunds for misspellings, typos, etc.
If you should encounter any difficulties or need assistance, first read through "Troubleshooting" below. If you still have problems, you can contact the Reveille sales office and ask for the Classifieds Manager at 225-578-6090.
Back to the top
- Some web browsers can cause problems (like AOL). Try using another browser. We recommend using Firefox as your web browser.
- If you have any spyware and virus protection on AOL, it will interfere.
- Sometimes if you are using privacy protection, it can interfere with the transmission of data.
- If you have tried all of the above recommendations and are still having issues, you may contact our provider for a higher level of technical support. You will need to have the EXACT wording on the error message showing on your screen. Then you may contact New Digital Group technical support at 402-436-2161.
College Newspaper Business and Advertising Managers Competition. For Reveille's circulation category:
Best color display ad
- Best sales Increase of special section
College Newspapers Business and Advertising Managers competition. For Reveille's circulation category:
- Best college newspaper
- Best online banner ads
- Second, newspaper promotion campaign
- Second, sales promotion materials
- Second, newspaper marketing promotion plan
- Third, classified section
- Third, training program
Southern University Newspapers competition:
Back to the top
- First, event or promotion
- First, house ad series
- First, special section
- First, online ad
Q: Can you help design my ad?
A: Our award-winning production department can assist you with designing the most effective ad. Your account executive will help you develop advertising concepts and campaigns that will gain maximum exposure for your message. This is a free service we provide. Text-heavy ads will be charged additional fees (lists of names, etc.).
Q: What is an effective ad?
A: : It will have a great headline, interesting sub-headlines, an excellent offer, a clear message, benefits that your customers want, an emotional appeal, and a strong request for your customers to take action and contact you.
Q: Do you accept credit cards?
A: Yes. We accept Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Q: How can I advertise my business or organization on KLSU ?
A: Keep in mind that KLSU is licensed as a non-commercial station. As such, KLSU is not permitted to air "advertisements." Instead, KLSU broadcasts what is known as "underwriting"; that is, acknowledgement of contributions. How does "underwriting" differ from "advertising"? FCC regulations place some restrictions on the content of the announcement. While KLSU may include neutral slogans and descriptions of products and services, locations, contact information, KLSU may not mention price-oriented information, incentives to purchase or calls to action. However, many businesses find that they can effectively pair their announcements with KLSU programming. Another attraction to many clients is that any underwriting on KLSU is 100% tax-deductible!
Q: How often is lsureveille.com updated?
A: Breaking news is added as it happens, 24/7. Other content is added throughout the day. The content of each day's print edition is generally available by 7 a.m. (CST) on each day of publication. During vacation periods, the site is often updated with breaking news and sports results.
Q: What does lsureveille.com offer me that I can't find in the printed version of The Reveille?
A: We frequently publish extra content online, including web-only multimedia presentations, up-to-the-minute news and sports coverage, and additional articles and photographs which don't run in print due to limited space in the newspaper. Archives of past issues are also available. The website is frequented by alumni and parents, making for an amazing reach of your advertisement on the website. It's an incredible value given the audience we deliver.
Back to the top
Student Media Advertising provides students of various backgrounds and career interests with hands-on, resume-building experience in eight different areas and aspects of print and broadcast media. The student staff gains solid business experience that gives our student employees an advantage in a competitive job market as they prepare for careers beyond their college experience.
Sales reps learn to identify potential target clientele and deliver solutions to the client's needs. The sales staff sells advertising, underwriting and sponsorships for all outlets of Student Media. Sales reps gain experience in marketing, campaign development, advertising design, creating radio spots, assisting in television commercial concepts and production, as well as honing their problem-solving skills in this practical setting.
Graphic designers can master their skills and build portfolios here by creating and designing ads for clients.
Student managers learn how to manage their peers, achieve financial goals and train employees. They learn about human resource management and about solving departmental problems.
The marketing and events staff is responsible for creating events, promotions, budgeting, creative problem solving and managing multi-media marketing campaigns for the department. The marketing staff has paid positions, and also grants up to six internships or practicum positions each semester.
If you are interested in joining our staff and would like more information, please visit our "Employment" page by clicking on this link.