CURRENT LEGAL INTERNS
Gaëlle Forget is a native of Brussels, Belgium and comes from a family who travels a lot.
From Belgium, to Marseille in the South of France, then to Geneva, Switzerland, where Gaëlle went to an International High School, which focused on philosophy, literature and languages.
After graduating from High School in 2006, Gaëlle decided to go to Nursing School in Geneva, Switzerland. After two years attending nursing school and practicing as an assistant nurse in the Emergency Room of the Geneva Hospitals, she realized that nurse was not her dream career.
She subsequently moved to Lyon, South East of France to start Law School in 2008.
In 2011, she got the great opportunity to finish her Master of Business Law as an exchange student at the LSU Paul Heber Law Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
In the mean time, her family was moving to Casablanca, Morocco.
After a year at LSU Law School, Gaëlle decided to apply to the L.L.M program, which will help her to pursue her goal of becoming an in-house Legal Counsel for an international corporation with U.S headquarters.
Presently, Gaëlle is enrolled in the L.L.M program in international and comparative law at LSU Law Center and she will be graduating in May 2013. Gaëlle is planning to take the N.Y Bar in July 2013.
As the oldest of two brothers and one sister, all adopted from Colombia and Ecuador, South America, Gaëlle learned to be independent. She is really proud of her international family and international background. That international path is ingrained in her family and it became a part of her. Her professional career will have to be really internationally focused.
- L.L.M in international and comparative law at LSU Law Center 2012-2013
- Master of Business Law Degree at Lyon III University, France 2011-2012
- Bachelor of Civil Law (L.L.B) at Lyon III University, France 2008 – 2011
- Assistant Nurse Degree from the Geneva Nursing School in Switzerland, 2006-2008
- High School Degree “Baccalaureat” in philosophy, French literature and languages 2006.
- Gaëlle was a law clerk at SICPA, International Corporation based in Lausanne, Switzerland. SICPA is the world leader of providing security ink for currencies. Gaëlle was in charge of drafting contracts for the application of all sales and services agreements, and she was responsible for the analysis, tabulation, and data storage of these agreements.
- Environmental law
- Coastal restoration
- Alternative/renewable energy
- Intellectual property and trademark law
- International law
- Immigration law
- Foreign languages: native French language, fluency in English, proficiency in Spanish.
In her spare time, Gaëlle loves travelling, skiing, reading and dancing. She has been practicing ballet for the past fifteen years.