LSU American Mathematical Society Fellows
The AMS, founded in 1888 to further the interests of mathematical research and scholarship,
serves the national and international community through its publications, meetings,
advocacy and other programs, which
- promote mathematical research, its communication and uses,
- encourage and promote the transmission of mathematical understanding and skills,
- support mathematical education at all levels,
- advance the status of the profession of mathematics, encouraging and facilitating
full participation of all individuals,
- foster an awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines
and everyday life.
The Fellows of the American Mathematical Society program recognizes members who have
made outstanding contributions to the creation, exposition, advancement, communication,
and utilization of mathematics.
LSU American Mathematical Society Fellows are: