Ed Gay Residents
Dear Ed Gay Residents,
This information is only for anyone who will be moving to Nicholson Gateway…
- Graduate students with or without a spouse and no children can rent a studio or a
1-bedroom apartment, as apartments rent by the room and not the apartment. Graduate
students receive preference to live in Bayou Hall in Nicholson Gateway Apartments.
Our goal is to house predominately graduate students in this building.
- Students wishing to move to Nicholson Gateway Apartments can do so now. This can
be done through your myLSU account>Student Services>On Campus Housing>Applications
- The portal is open for apartment leasing until Friday, February 16 at 10 a.m., and will reopen on Monday, February 26, 2018, at 1pm. .
- Utilize the Upperclass Housing Application to reserve a space.
- If you have any issues accessing the portal or securing an apartment, please email the Assignments Team.
- You will not renew your Ed Gay contract ONLY if you plan on moving to Nicholson Gateway.
- In order to secure your apartment in Nicholson Gateway, you will need to complete
the NGW application and paid the $250.00 advanced rent.
- NGW will open no later than August 15, 2018. Residential Life will extend your Ed
Gay contract for 15 days only, August 1 – August 15. We will let you know if you
can move before 8/15/2018.
- Students transitioning to Nicholson Gateway will pay the daily rate for housing during
this two-week period.
- Students transitioning to Nicholson Gateway will pay the daily rate for housing during this two-week period.
- For those of you who will remain in Ed Gay next year or move out in May, we will send renewal information in late March. You will renew your contract for Ed Gay if you plan to remain in your apartment for the upcoming year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michele Genusa.
Department of Residential Life
Louisiana State University