Winter Break Information
As we wrap up the fall semester, we wish you well on your final exams and safe travels home.
Make sure you review all details about winter break, room changes, housing cancellations and more in the Resident Resources, including these highlights:
- Residence halls close at 8 p.m. on Saturday, December 9, 2017. You are expected to vacate your room
within 24 hours of your last exam, or by 8 p.m. on December 9, whichever comes first.
Halls reopen to all returning students on Sunday, January 7, 2018, at 10 a.m. Staff
is available to check you in between 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. January 7-10, 2018.
- ECA and WCA remain open during the winter break. You may continue to stay in your apartment during
the winter break if you are returning for the spring 2018 semester. You must re-check
in at your community’s front desk to avoid a lapse in key access to your apartment.
Simply go to your front desk to have your key programmed between 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
January 7-10, 2018.
- Your Room Assignment for Spring 2018: Your fall room assignment automatically rolls over for spring 2018. See the “Room
Changes” tab on Resident Resources if you want to change rooms for the spring.
- Not Returning for Spring 2018: If you are not returning to on-campus housing for the spring semester, you must officially cancel your room assignment and complete a check out with your in-hall staff. Review details about the spring semester rent penalty and cancellation process before you cancel.
- Live Easy. Live On. Reserve Your 2018-19 Apartment this January
Current sophomores, juniors, seniors and grads can renew to Nicholson Gateway now through January 12, 2018. Current freshmen will have access to remaining spaces starting January 22, 2018. Don’t wait; spaces are filling up!
- 2018-19 Resident Assistant Applications Now Available
Attend an info session January 9-17, 2018, to learn more about being an RA. Apply by January 18, 2018.
Thanks for a great semester! Don’t forget to check your lobby for final exam snacks.