Football Reminder Email
Hello Residents –
Here are a few reminders heading into the holiday break:
Home Football Game Day Parking Reminders
The Office of Parking & Transportation Services will strictly enforce football game day parking lot restrictions in some lots near our west campus residence halls and apartments this Saturday, November 25, 2017, including, but not limited to:
- Tennis Courts Lot (Lot 206)
- Tiger Band Hall Lot (game day permit required)
- Street parking on Cypress Drive, Fieldhouse Drive, and Dalrymple Drive
For all home football games, residents must relocate all vehicles out of the area labeled as “Reserved Parking” on the 2017 Football Parking Map and into on-campus resident, non–restricted parking lots before 7 a.m. on game day. Any vehicles found in restricted areas on Saturday morning will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Available resident, non-restricted lots include, but are not limited to:
- Large lot adjacent to West Campus Apartments,
- Lots across Aster Street from Kirby Smith Hall and Cypress Hall
- Gravel lot on the corner of Cypress/Aster and W. Chimes Street
Tour East Campus Apartments Tuesday
Noon - 4 p.m.
Access to Pentagon Activity Center
The Pentagon Activity Center front doors will be locked from use from 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. this Saturday. You will only be able to access the community through the back gates of the Pentagon Courtyard, near The 5 and Broussard Hall. You will still have access to the Activity Center through the doors facing the courtyard. We do this for each home football game to eliminate non-student traffic into your community space. Please help us with this by accessing the community through the back gates, not letting anyone into the community that does not swipe their Tiger Card to enter, and reporting any suspicious activity to your front desk or RLC.
Cedar Hall Construction Updates
Please review the ways available parking lots, walk and planned construction updates in your area. Your safety is our top priority, and we want to make sure you are aware of all parking options and safety resources available to you.
- If you park further away from your building and would like an escort to your building, contact Campus Transit at 225-578-5555 or schedule an on-demand pickup through the TransLoc app between 5:30 p.m. – midnight.
- A commissioned LSU Police officer is specifically assigned to patrol the Kirby Smith/WCA area during the night and is available to help students.
- LSU SHIELD is a free app available to the LSU community to help students, faculty
and staff report emergencies or crimes, receive help from police, or simply check
on each other to ensure they’ve arrived safely at their destinations or returned safely
from class, their workouts, or other outings.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and Geaux Tigers!