- State of Black America 2015
Natinal Urban League releases the report (Source: National Urban League)
- Cepeda: The mirage of the rainbow coalition (Source: TDN.Com)
A project of the Manship School of Mass Communication, LSU
The Media Diversity Forum is designed to serve inclusiveness by seeking resources, supporting research, stimulating dialogue, sponsoring programs and sharing techniques.
- Google helps Hollywood boost girls-who-code image (Source: USA Today)
- Shonda Rhimes says she isn't 'diversifying' television, she's 'normalizing' it -- there's A difference (Source: The Huffington Post)
- Paul Feig says it's still not getting better for women in Hollywood (Source: The Huffington Post)
- Kevin Naff: Shame on Wash Post for defending Schock, attacking LGBT media (Source: Washington Blade)
- See how far a onetime enemy of gay equality has evolved (Source: Advocate)
- Michigan may allow adoption agencies to refuse service to gay couples (Source: The Huffington Post)
- AOL.com’s comments section becoming haven for hatemongers (Source: DiversityInc.)
Dori J. Maynard has been a model for those of us working on the Media Diversity Forum. We have appreciated her advice and sharing of information, and we value the leadership she and the Maynard Institute have provided to efforts across this country to increase diversity and social justice in the media. We knew she always would be available when we reached out to her. But most of all we will miss her as a wonderful person and a true friend.
- Ralph Izard
Executive Director, Media Diversity Forum
Feb. 25, 2015.
- Sally Lehrman on Dori Maynard: "A Legacy of Fierce Love" (Maynard Institute | March 3, 2015)
- Dori J. Maynard, longtime champion of diversity, died Tuesday, Feb. 24 (Source: Maynard Institute)
- Social media reaction: How we remembered Dori J. Maynard @djmaynard (Source: San Jose Mercury News)
Site updated on March 23, 2015.