In the online application, please indicate the desired degree program:
- For MS in Medical Physics, select Medical Physics and Health Physics – MS – Medical Physics. This degree is for those seeking a career in clinical medical physics.
- For MS in Health Physics, select Medical Physics and Health Physics – MS – Health Physics. This degree is for those seeking a career in health physics.
- For PhD, select Medical Physics – PhD. This degree is for those seeking a research career in medical physics.
- LSU does not offer a professional Doctorate in Medical Physics (DMP) degree. Our MS in Medical Physics + a 2-year CAMPEP-accredited residency provides the equivalent training.
The online application system allows you to select more than one degree program. If you wish to be considered for more than one degree, please enter these as your first and second choices in the order that corresponds to your preference for consideration. For example, one might enter PhD in medical physics as your first choice and MS in medical physics as your second choice.
A complete application requires:
- Self-statement, concisely describing your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in medical physics or health physics
- Current resume or curriculum vita
- GRE test scores (Verbal and Quantitative)
- Official transcripts of all colleges attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL or IELTS score (required if your undergraduate degree was earned at an international institution where English was not the official primary language of instruction; see the LSU Graduate School’s Admission FAQs)
- A writing sample is NOT required
The on-line application requires an application fee. The Department of Physics and Astronomy will pay for the application fee for domestic applicants; domestic applicants will be provided with a payment code during the application process. For international students, the on-line application fee cannot be waived; international applicants who are unable to pay the application fee are welcome to send a paper application (without fee) directly to us as indicated at the additional information and advice link.