Departmental Application Information
All applications must be submitted with the on-line system run by the LSU Graduate School - Go directly to the on-line application system.
In the online application, please indicate the desired degree program:
- For MS in Medical Physics, select Medical Physics and Health Physics – MS – Medical Physics. This degree is
for those seeking a career in clinical medical physics.
- For MS in Health Physics, select Medical Physics and Health Physics – MS – Health Physics. This degree is
for those seeking a career in health physics.
- For PhD, select Medical Physics – PhD. This degree is for those seeking a research career
in medical physics.
- LSU does not offer a professional Doctorate in Medical Physics (DMP) degree. Our MS
in Medical Physics + a 2-year CAMPEP-accredited residency provides the equivalent
Click here for additional information and advice on filling out the application form.
A complete application requires:
- Self-statement, concisely describing your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in
medical physics or health physics
- Current resume or curriculum vita
- GRE test scores (Verbal and Quantitative)
- Official transcripts of all colleges attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL or IELTS score (if from foreign country and with no degree from English speaking
- A writing sample is NOT required
The on-line application requires an application fee. The Department of Physics and Astronomy will pay for
the application fee for domestic applicants; domestic applicants will be provided
with a payment code during the application process. For international students, the
on-line application fee cannot be waived; international applicants who are unable
to pay the application fee are welcome to send a paper application (without fee) directly
to us as indicated at the additional information and advice link.
Back to Top