LSU Presents Tom W. Dutton Award to 10 Students
Award goes to female students for outstanding service to the community
BATON ROUGE – LSU Campus Life, a department within the Office of the Dean of Students, awarded the 2017 Tom W. Dutton Scholarship Award for participation and leadership in campus and community service to 10 female students, who were nominated and who applied for consideration.
Award winners were recognized at the LSU Love Purple, Live Gold Awards on Wednesday, April 19. The award also carries a $250 to $500 stipend that was credited to the recipient’s spring semester fee bill.
The 2017 Tom W. Dutton Scholarship Award recipients include:
- Jillian Davis, a senior majoring in communication disorders from Bellaire, Texas
- Florencia Scaglia Drusini, a junior majoring in biochemistry from Broussard, La.
- Amanda Fontenot, a junior majoring in coastal environmental science from Houston, Texas
- Danielle Kelley, a 2016 master’s graduate in mass communication from Baton Rouge, La.
- Lillian LaGrange, a sophomore majoring in economics from Baton Rouge, La.
- Samantha Lanjewar, a junior majoring in animal/dairy/poultry Science from Valhalla, N.Y.
- Camille Prejean, a senior majoring in biological sciences from Lafayette, La.
- Chloe Riviere, a junior majoring in political science and international studies from New Orleans, La.
- Victoria Smorodinova, a sophomore majoring in finance from Lake Arthur, La.
- Latrissia Torres, a junior majoring in mass communication with a concentration in public relations from Slidell, La.
The award is presented annually to female undergraduate or graduate student(s) for outstanding service to the university community through participation and leadership in community service activities while attending LSU. Additional criteria include full-time status, a 3.0 cumulative GPA, and good academic and disciplinary standing with the university. No student may receive the award more than once while enrolled at LSU.
The award was established through a bequest that was left to LSU in 1969 by the late Tom W. Dutton. Dutton was a member of the LSU Board of Supervisors from 1940-1967. He also served as the Vice Chair and the Chairman of the Board from 1940-1944 and 1950-1952 respectively.
Individual photos of Dutton awardees and a group photo are available from Margo Jolet by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Margo Jolet
LSU Campus Life
LSU Media Relations