These students have been meeting since August 2016 and have coordinated job site recruitment in the fall, volunteer recruitment and retention in the spring, and logistics, operations, and programs work throughout the academic year. Geaux BIG Baton Rouge is the largest annual single-day service event at LSU that unites the university community and Baton Rouge residents through service in order to express appreciation for the community's support.
Student leaders of the Geaux BIG Baton Rouge organization include:
• Christopher Fuqua, executive director, a psychology junior from Lafayette, La.
• Kendall Gaudin, associate director, a biochemistry junior from Baton Rouge, La.
• Alix Perry, director of logistics, an accounting junior from Carencro, La.
• Cindy Nguyen, assistant director of logistics, a biological sciences senior from Baton Rouge, La.
• Baylor Barron, director of community outreach, a microbiology junior from Prairieville, La.
• Francesca Pugh Shannon, assistant director of community outreach, an history senior from Belleville, N.J.
• Hira Hasan, director of marketing, a biochemistry senior from Geismar, La.
• Cassady Ross, assistant director of marketing, a sport administration sophomore from Fayetteville, Ga.
• Catarina Buettner, director of operations, an environmental engineering senior from Lafayette, La.
• Bryce Rushing, assistant director of operations, a biochemistry senior from Baton Rouge, La.
• Jessica Bollich, director of volunteer recruitment, an elementary grades education senior from Gonzales, La.
“I am proud to have seen firsthand the impact that Geaux BIG has had on the Baton Rouge community in my time at LSU and am excited to see the positive results Geaux BIG will bring to the community this year and in the future,” said Chris Fuqua, executive director of Geaux BIG Baton Rouge 2017.
Media Note: Individual headshots of Geaux BIG student leaders available by contacting Margo Jolet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSU has a video uplink studio with live broadcast capabilities. Contact us to set up an interview.
Contact Margo Jolet
Associate Director for Marketing & Communications
LSU Campus Life
LSU Media Relations