Professional Jobs (beyond Baton Rouge)
Photojournalist, KOB Television, Albuquerque, NM
At least two years’ experience as a television news photographer or a closely related
field. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to operate TV news field cameras and
video editing systems. Must be able to edit with AVID Newscutter or similar non-linear
editing system. Must be able to demonstrate ability to visually represent news stories.
Will work closely with reporters and producers. Windows computer literacy is required. Must
have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Driving record will be checked.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to: Photography and editing TV news
stories. Operating field TV news gathering cameras (Panasonic HPX370 P2), videotape/digital
editing equipment and software. Driving and operating live trucks, microwave and equipment.
Must be proficient on non-linear editing system. Must be willing to work weekends,
holidays, and overtime when needed.
The following physical requirements are typical, but not all-inclusive: Carry equipment
weighing approximately 45 lbs. Climb stairs. Drive larger news vehicles. Full mobility
is necessary to move quickly to shoot news stories and events. Some of the work is
done in a very confined area.
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Communications Director, CBS News, DC Bureau
The Communications Director for the DC Bureau manages the communications and media-relations for the Bureau. The CD works closely with the executive team and DC based correspondents and producers, and is the principal on-the-record spokesperson for all Washington Bureau matters, in addition to any matters related to CBS News’ political reporting, polling, or the press pool.
The CD works closely with Face the Nation's Producers including earned-media on Face the Nation interviews, show announcements and broadcast publicity. It is the responsibility of the CD to pitch and garner media attention for CBS News’ Washington talent and executives, and earned media for coverage and pieces produced in Washington.
As the election cycle ramps up, the CD will help plan, execute, and staff CBS News’ earned media strategy during the 2020 election cycle, including the presidential primary and general debates, the RNC and DNC, and Election Night coverage.
- College level or higher education
- A minimum of 5 years communications experience working in public relations, media, or politics
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- News judgement and understanding of politics
- A wide range of strong relationships with members of the political & media press corps
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and multi-task
Media Buying/Planner, Premier Automotive
Premier Automotive is one of the largest automotive groups in the country, which serves dealerships in Louisiana, California, Kansas, and Missouri from our cooperate office in New Orleans, La.
At this moment, Premier Automotive is looking to hire and train a recent LSU graduate wtih marketing experience to be the Media Buyer/Planner. This person will be responsible for planning public relations and marketing efforts for the all of the Louisiana stores.
- Lead planning processes by identifying and assessing opportunities and challenges
- Manages annual marketing and advertising budgets (Submits all required reporting to
- Cultivates and implements marketing strategies on a monthly and quarterly basis for
- Develops strategic marketing campaigns including traditional and social media. Research
assess best solutions for integrating social media with traditional media campaigns.
- Executes integrated media campaigns, email programs, promotional events and social
- Generates and oversees copy for internal as well as external communications materials
including newsletters, media releases, media advisories, direct mail, web content and internal
- Works closely with production group to coordinate copy and media to fit all mediums.
- Creates and maintains partnerships with key organizations and media outlets and
- Works collaboratively with other departments within locations i.e. accounting and
- Plans and markets promotional events for locations through marketing and media coverage
raise awareness and attendance for the group’s 501c3 and community initiatives.
- Recently graduated at an accredited University or college with marketing internship experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leaderships in college extracurricular activities.
- Proficient with Abode Creative Suite, Social Media, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing and attend on-job training.
Please send resume to email@example.com along with a portfolio if one is available. All resumes and portfolios must be received before May 17.
Marketing Assistant, Liskow & Lewis
Liskow & Lewis, a law firm with offices in New Orleans, Lafayette, and Houston, is
seeking a marketing assistant. This position will support firm-wide marketing efforts
such as website, social media platforms, digital and printed communications, and public
May graduates are sought. The position will be in New Orleans, 40 hours per week, occasional travel required. Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, long-term insurance, a transportation allowance, and a retirement plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and implement effective PR and marketing strategies and tactics for lawyers and practices that support business development goals.
- Proactively seek content distribution opportunities. Explore effective ways to deliver firm updates, insights, and recognitions through creative use of digital marketing.
- Post content and updates to the Firm’s website on a regular basis. Monitor and update the Firm's online presence, including social media platforms, blogs, e-communications, etc.
- Gather and report analytics on content distribution and effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate marketing directories, firm nominations, responses to professional and client surveys, and assist with preparation of responses to proposals for clients and potential clients.
- Assist with research on clients, potential clients, competitors and areas of interest.
- Support the Firm’s CRM software.
- Assist with client seminars and firm events.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
(504) 299-6126 Direct
(504) 556-4108 Fax
Marketing Coordinator, Rogers-O'Brien Corporation (Dallas, TX)
The Marketing Coordinator will work as a key member on the marketing team. On behalf of internal clients, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating and maintaining marketing data and materials, as well as assisting the Client Relations process. The position is responsible for handling outgoing proposals for new business, coordination of project photography, marketing deliverables, award submissions, tradeshow and event coordination, promotional item coordination, and assisting in other marketing initiatives to support RO’s business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Corporate Standards:
- Incorporate RO’s companywide branding initiatives into all materials
- Ensure consistent, updated appearance and style for all marketing collateral
- Implement best practices, style guides, and templates as prescribed by the Director of Marketing
- Ensure RO’s imagine remains consistent and fresh to target audiences
- Utilize library of standard design elements (logos, fonts, etc.)
Material Creation and Utilization:
- Create basic graphic/written materials needed for various marketing collateral (reviewed by Marketing Manager/Director)
- Manage deadlines of multiple RFPs/RFQs and ensure consistency with company branding initiatives
- Manage production efforts of collateral
- Work the Client Relations team to organize and execute presentations
- Manage marketing materials, such as binding, printing and collateral materials
- Schedule, organize and assess professional photography services for completed projects and/or events
- Assist in creation of collateral for internal employee events
- External Exposure:
- Assist in organizing and executing various client and external events and associated collateral, such as subcontractor events, groundbreakings, event sponsorships, and philanthropic endeavors
- Complete award submissions for trade publications and oversee review and delivery after approval from Marketing Manager/Director
- Create submissions for social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Ensure accuracy of site signage with occasional site visits
- Complete and distribute press releases to the local markets
- Assist with the creation/completion of any needed advertisements
- Maintain stock of promotional items; work with vendors to brainstorm new items, price out, and reorder when necessary
- Manage/request aid for one-off promotional materials for corporate events and tradeshows/career fairs
- Utilize CRM Database (Cosential) in preparation of proposals and to track/maintain project and personnel information
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar high-volume environment, preferably in the AEC industry
- Basic understanding of the AEC industry
- Preferred (4) year degree in a marketing, graphic design, English, graphic design or communications curriculum
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign
- Preferred to be proficient in Adobe Creative Suites: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Preferred to be proficient in video editing
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Occasional travel to other offices: Austin, Houston, San Antonio
- Occasional travel to project sites
- Occasional travel to marketing related events, such as annual meetings, tradeshows, industry events, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- 95% office environment
- 5% field environment
For more information, contact Emma Parker at EParker@r-o.com.