Professional Jobs in Baton Rouge
National Sales Assistant, WAFB-TV
Raycom Media’s CBS affiliate in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (WAFB 9) seeks a highly motivated individual to join the sales department. Core responsibilities include data entry of broadcast and digital orders, filing, organizing and verifying accuracy of all orders and makegoods. Candidate must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi-task. Position also requires daily interfacing with sales management, traffic, accounting, research and programming departments.
- Duties and Qualifications:
- Strong clerical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Maintain awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures
- Prepares various forms and reports
- Maintains files and other business records
- Copy Coordination
- All aspects of national and regional business
- Assist with political advertising and detailed file keeping
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to clients, National Reps and account executives
- Prior broadcast Sales experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Media Line preferred
This is an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment. Qualified applicants, apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach your cover letter and resume. Pre-employment drug screen required. Apply online to: https:careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Editor and Communications Coordinator, Louisiana Art & Science Museum
- Flexible problem solver who enjoys working in a team environment
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work across departments in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of the print production process
Working in concert with the Audience Engagement & Public Relations Manager, the Editor & Communications Coordinator is responsible for articulating a clear, accurate, and appropriate message to the Art & Science Museum’s audience. The successful Editor & Communications Coordinator will advance the Museum’s mission by writing, editing, and proofing copy produced by museum staff; coordinate the design and oversee the printing and timely delivery of all museum publications.
Excellent command of grammar, punctuation, syntax, and the Chicago Manual of Style; exceptional writing skills; thorough understanding of the print production process; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé via email to email@example.com.
Extension Associate – Louisiana Farm to School/Institution Program Communications Coordinator, LSU Ag Center
(This is a grant-funded, non-tenure track position. Funding must be available for any continuation of appointment.)
WORK LOCATION: The Extension Associate will be located in Baton Rouge on the LSU campus with LSU AgCenter Communications, Knapp Hall, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This is a grant-funded position with 100% time allocation to the USDA funded Louisiana Farm to School Program.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Extension Associate will report administratively to PI for the Louisiana Farm to School Program and work collaboratively with the Farm to School team. The successful candidate will coordinate and support the communications efforts of the Louisiana Farm to School/Institution Program.
Job responsibilities include:
- Written Communications
- Write for website, social media, e-newsletters
- Write news releases
- Write for promotional material
- Write for College of Ag and AgCenter publications
- Write F2S/I for program reports and extension materials
- Set up and conduct in person or written interviews
- Social Media
- Help plan social media strategies
- Post across social media platforms
- Cover events for social media
- Monitor social media accounts
- Monitor and engage with accounts followed
- Website Development
- Assist with the maintenance of the Louisiana Farm to School website
- Develop web content
- Graphic Design
- Create communications material using Office products and online graphic design tools
- Create web graphics
- Photograph farm to school and local food system events as needed
- Provide photographs for news releases
- Help organize and maintain photography archives
- Shoot and edit videos for social media and web
- Collaborate with College of Agriculture and LSU AgCenter communications team with communication projects
- Support Farm to School/Institution Team in their communication efforts
The incumbent is expected to perform other tasks at the state level that may be assigned by supervisor(s).
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: A Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field. The applicant must demonstrate effective organization, administration and interpersonal communication, as well as networking skills. Ability to set priorities, and to work on multiple projects with and through others is essential as well as the ability to function with minimal supervision. Must exhibit initiative and resourcefulness, and work cooperatively in a positive team environment. Ability to work occasional evening and weekend meetings and events statewide.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The LSU AgCenter has an attractive benefits package with a wide variety of benefit options. Benefits offered include retirement, multiple medical insurance options, supplemental insurances (dental, life, long-term disability, accident, vision, long-term care, etc.), Tax Saver Flexible Benefits Plan (saves tax dollars on some child care and medical expenses), university holidays (14 per year, typically includes a week off at Christmas), generous annual (vacation) and sick leave benefits, Employee Assistance Program, and possible educational leave and tuition exemption for coursework at campuses of the LSU System. Specific benefits depend on job category, percent effort and length of employment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 9, 2018 or until suitable candidate is located.
DATE AVAILABLE: Upon completion of interview process.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Must apply online at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU (or through Workday for internal applicants) by attaching cover letter with resume, university transcripts, and two letters of recommendation. Paper, faxed or e-mailed application materials will not be accepted, except that in lieu of attaching recommendation letters online, they may be sent directly to:
Carl Motsenbocker, PhD
School of Plant, Environmental and Soil Sciences
104 Sturgis Hall
Baton Rouge, La. 70803
Web site: www.lsuagcenter.com
Senior Account Executive, WAFB-TV
WAFB has an immediate opening for a Senior Account Executive to join theenergetic and professional sales team.
The ideal candidate will bring a multi-year track record of success in broadcast and digital sales. WAFB seeks a self starter that can hit the ground running with a sense of urgency and close new business while maintaining and growing an existing major account list. Candidates must be detail oriented and have excellent communication & customer service skills.
Education/Experience: A college degree is preferred along with a minimum of 5 years in media sales experience. Applicants must be proficient working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable. The candidate must have reliable transportation that meets required insurance coverage needs. A pre-employment drug screening and MVR check is required.
Qualified applicants, attach resume with cover letter, and apply online at: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
National/Regional Sales Coordinator
WAFB/WBXH is seeking a National/ Regional Sales Coordinator who will execute the station’s transactional sales efforts and report directly to the General Sales Manager. The National/Regional Sales Coordinator will collaborate with thenational rep firm representatives, the national and regional buying community, and local points of contact to grow national and regional transactional and digital revenue. The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven background in business development and an understanding of strategic account management, ratings, and digital execution. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software and knowledge of Matrix and Wide Orbit is a plus. Candidate must pass drug screen and possess clean driving record. Qualified applicants, please apply online and attach resume with cover letter. Apply online at: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com. No phone calls please. EOE-
M/F/D/VOffice manager/editor at The Riverside Reader
The Riverside Reader has been in business for 24 years and is currently seeking a full-time office manager/editor.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be highly-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Superb grammar and editing skills are important to this position.
- It's helpful, but not required, to be an accomplished writer. This position's duties could include that of an assignment editor working with freelance writers and this job's responsibilities include being able to proof and copy edit other writers' articles.
- It's helpful, but not required, to have an advanced knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must have a creative mind and be able to think outside the box.
- Must have leadership abilities and be able to delegate.
- Helpful to be familiar with QuickBooks, or be able to learn the program.
- Marketing and sales skills are a huge plus. Skills to manage a sales/marketing team required.
- Web design experience is a plus but not a requirement.
Compensation: Salary plus generous incentives.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to John Michael Lockhart: firstname.lastname@example.org