Part-Time Student Worker, JKS Communications
JKS Communications, a book publicity and marketing firm headquartered in Nashville with offices in New York, New Orleans and Baton Rouge, seeks a student worker. The position works directly with our team of publicists on research, media outreach, writing press materials, helping with event planning and more to get hands-on experience with publicity campaign work and creative planning. We also are expanding to work with authors on indie publishing. We are a comprehensive firm that has been around for 17 years! For more information about JKS, please see www.jkscommunications.com.
This is a paid position.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Ellen Zielinski Whitfield <firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing and Communication Intern, LSU's Student Success Office
LSU Student Success seeks an assistant for its marketing and communication team.
Student Success marketing and communication team-- headquartered in Johnston Hall.
The communication assistant will work on various projects within the team including, but not limited to:
- Content creation for Student Success and CAS websites and social media accounts.
- Coordinating with graphic designers for print and digital collateral.
- Working on news releases and other publications.
- Collaborating with the Student Success and CAS teams to ensure effective external communication.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Lexi Verret at email@example.com.
Part-Time Content Creation, CLB Consulting
CLB Consulting – an independent marketing and PR consultant working with hospitality, fitness and
retail brands throughout Baton Rouge – seeks a student intern who will be instrumental to the
growth and expansion of the business.
- Content creation for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+
- Social media management and monitoring
- Public relations
- Assistance in website updates on Squarespace, WordPress and/or Shopify
- Email marketing (MailChimp)
- Graphic design
- Event planning/assistance
- Available to work 15-20 hours/week
- Have basic-to-working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Possess strong writing skills
- Have the ability to speak to diverse audiences
- Have a strong work ethic and desire to learn with a young, growing company
- Have previous experience with social media community development
- Be creative, fun and a good team player
- Have discipline to work remotely and abide by deadlines
To apply, please send résumé and any relevant work history/samples to Chelsey Laborde Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Assistant, Empire Trading
Empire Trading, a local real estate investment company, seeks a student worker to assist our Office Manager with creating social media posts about our various flip/sell houses, rental properties, and general company events. The student will learn the business of what it takes to buy, repair, and sell/rent a distressed property for a profit. This will be done remotely. Pays $10.00 per hour.
For more information please contact:
Phone: 225-721-7111 or 225-627-FLIP
Marketing Intern, Availl
Aviall has an exciting position for a Marketing Intern at our Corporate Headquarters located in Dallas,TX. Aviall is the world's largest provider of new aviation parts and related aftermarket services. Aviall markets and distributes products for more than 240 manufacturers and offers approximately 2,000,000 catalog items from 40 customer service centers located in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to assist the Corporate Marketing team with internal and external communications, media relations, event management, and government affairs activities. Additionally this internship provides the opportunity to build relationships and develop business acumen through networking with other Aviall interns across the enterprise and interaction with various Aviall leaders.
The expected starting date for this position is May 14, 2018.
- Aid in internal branding program including print and electronic projects.
- Research and write articles for staff newsletter to advance corporate culture and information processes.
- Successfully integrate social mediums into earned media strategy for search engine optimization program.
- Monitor industry trends and news to better position Aviall for media pick-up within the aviation and defense industries.
- Gain a general understanding of the aviation industry through on-site training and industry research.
- Research, monitor and report state aviation-related legislative policies.
- Aid in execution of grassroots program that promotes the use of Aviall products.
- Support lobbying efforts and advocacy activities.
- Coordinate statewide staff social outing and meetings in accordance with provided budget outline.
- Assist with company ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking ceremonies.
- Completes assigned project(s) and develop executive level presentation to deliver to senior leaders.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to develop analysis, charts, learning modules and/or supporting documentation.
- Completed the first semester of Junior Year or first semester of Master’s program by May 14, 2018
- Actively pursuing Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field of study.
- Overall GPA of 3.0.
- Ability to conduct in-depth industry research, define market trends, and interpret financial data.
- Solid understanding of business market analysis, financial acumen, and marketing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; experience in making presentations and communicating ideas and plans to management.
- Aviall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Some College Coursework Completed
Apply for this position here: https://aviall.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/12274.
Legislative Aide, Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation Office
The Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation Office seeks legislative aide at the Louisiana State Capitol. This is a part time job; pay starts at $9.50 an hour. Applications will be accepted as soon as possible with the preferred start date for employment in April. Duties include monitoring floor proceedings and committee hearings of the Legislature, assisting Jefferson Parish delegation members (senators and representatives) in their service representing the parish, obtaining and providing information regarding state funding for local entities, and organizing events/meetings for the delegation.
This is a year-round position.
**Freshmen and sophomores will receive preference, but all applications will be considered.
If you have any questions, or wish to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample, please send them via email to email@example.com.
Part-Time Graphic Designer, The Capital Region Builders Association
The Capital Region Builders Association (CRBA) is a not-for-profit, member-driven association that strives to protect the American Dream of housing opportunities for all, while working to achieve professional success for its members who build communities, create jobs and strengthen the economy. CRBA’s membership includes more than 1,000 builders and partnering organizations that provide products or services to the building industry.
Job Description: The graphic designer will serve as the main source for all creative content that will be distributed on CRBA’s behalf. The individual is responsible for assisting the communications coordinator, social media coordinator and director of marketing to ensure all designs directly correlate with how CRBA wants to promote its goals as an organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include:
- Work with team members to structure, format and design compelling, meaningful work that can be distributed in both traditional and digital media channels.
- Develop visual assets in a variety of formats for client projects including, but not
- Printed materials such as posters, flyers, brochures and other handouts
- Brand identity
- Website and landing pages
- Email and e-newsletter templates
- Document templates
- Social media ads and other digital marketing publications
- Maintain ability to balance both a high standard of quality and speed in productivity
- Bring new and fresh ideas that will help engage the community and the organization’s members to a higher extent
- Utilize Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and other design software independently and efficiently
- Able to receive creative feedback from other team members with ease and sustain a desire to learn and improve work
- Develop cohesive designs while consulting with our marketing and communications team
The Person: The ideal candidate is responsible and dedicated to CRBA and its members. The person should be knowledgeable about CRBA and what it offers to its members. In addition, he or she should be familiar with the regional building climate and should listen to the requests made by others, offering solutions or recommendations tailored to their needs. The graphic designer should provide superb customer service to all and should strive to meet the highest of standards.
The graphic designer creates work that is engaging to CRBA’s members and the community. It is crucial that the individual is able to multitask and produce work in a timely manner.
Other skills that an graphic designer should have include:
- Leadership: Must demonstrate the ability to overcome barriers and transcend office politics to resolve issues in a professional manner.
- Relationship building: Must have the ability to meet and exceed staff and members’ expectations and provide the services they need.
- Prioritization: Must be able to multitask without getting stressed or overwhelmed. Must be highly adaptable to respond to the changing needs of the organization while staying up-to-date with company policies.
- Problem solving: Must readily solve a wide variety of problems to the satisfaction of staff and members.
To apply for this position, contact Mary@capitalregionba.com.
ARPR Awesme Intern, New Orleans
ARPR is seeking a paid intern who is committed to doing their best work each and every day. They need a go-getter who is excited to learn, has a passion for social media engagement and wants to get his/her feet wet with content marketing on industry topics. They're looking for someone who likes getting nerdy by learning the ins and outs of systems like Cision, Wordpress, Sprout Social, Google Analytics and a host of other geeky tools. In short, they’re looking for a rock star who wants to help write the next chapter in the mass comm textbook.
ARPR’S AWESOME INTERN…
- Is dependable, super adaptable, has a great attitude – an all-around team player
- Is a self-starter and excited to learn new things every day
- Is a research hound and avid problem-solver; she/he enjoys finding solutions to challenges or coming up with ways to makes existing processes easier
- Has a knack for serving and supporting others (can be customers, classmates, etc.)
- Keeps things organized, prioritized and on time (meets deadlines)
- Communicates with superiors and teammates early and often, and takes, learns, and implements feedback like a champ
- #DreamsBig: Confident in taking on new challenges and seeks to grow (and advance)
- Has a background in PR, communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- Has experience using Microsoft Office
- Currently active on and passionate about the most popular social media networks including LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook
- Prior experience with WordPress and/or Hubspot is a plus
- You’re an integral member of the reporting team, and you’ll be helping compile monthly
reports for clients. You’ll learn a lot about digital marketing ROI along the way.
- You’ll get to support clients behind-the-scenes by researching media lists, strategically
scheduling social media content, etc.
- You’ll be one of the primary social media gurus. You’ll write, schedule and monitor
progress on social content via LinkedIn, Google+ Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and
Facebook for ARPR. They'll want to hear your personal recommendations for making
ongoing improvements as well!
- You’ll think of creative ways to engage with ARPR’s social followers and you’ll be
and engaging on behalf of the agency on social media networks in real-time.
- You’ll draft, format, execute and promote ARPR’s marketing emails, agency e-newsletters
and agency blog content.
- You’ll take on more and more responsibilities that meet your interests and bring value to the agency as you grow– be ready to take on new and exciting challenges! Bottom line, ARPR's intern is responsible for making sure that ARPR’s #AgencyLife runs smoothly. Internships at ARPR are considered a practice run for future account coordinator roles (just ask the folks ARPR has promoted in the past!) – they want talent to grow.
Agency life at ARPR is fast-paced and exciting. If you’re looking for an opportunity to hustle, share your creativity and be a part of an amazing team, and you’ve got what it takes, give them a shout – our Army of Awesome is interested in getting to know you! Send your resume and cover letter (be creative) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphic Design/Social Media Marketing Intern, STUN Design
STUN Design & Interactive is seeking an Graphic Design/Social Media Marketing Intern for the Summer of 2018. The position will start in May and go through August. This internship is unpaid but has the possibility of developing into a part-time position, after August.
Responsibilities Include: designing and assisting in implementing in-house social media marketing graphics and campaign, creating original content and scheduling for in-house marketing, as well as learning social media analytics, implementation of campaigns and developing client relations.
Skills & Knowledge Desired:
Proficient in Adobe Suite including InDesign and Photoshop.
Familiar with social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Good time management skills, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The ability to work as a team player in a creative-based work environment.
STUN Design & Interactive for over 14 years has focused on developing quality design in print and digital and strives for innovation with all projects. To apply for the position send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Hall & Arena
Hall & Arena, a sports history website, is looking for students passionate about sports writing for an unpaid opportunity. One student from each SEC school will write publishable articles for the website. Individuals will work remotely.
Start date: June 1
- Write articles about on-campus sports
- Make contact with campus Communications Department
- Help maintain Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter pages:
- Build audience, share photos
- Develop writing schedule
Advising: Students will learn from editors on the importance of good writing. Hall & Arena believes there is a big difference between a reporter and a writer.
Pay: This is an unpaid position; however, candidates will be evaluated at the end of the summer to determine if they will move into a paid position.
To apply, please send an e-mail with resume and cover letter to:
Blanton Media Group
Attorney Charles Moore (Moore and Hebert) seeks a motivated and curious student who lis a good writer with proficient computer skills to help him create stories of some of his cases.
The job: he will explain the case and what he is looking for. For example: the case of a woman who has had several brain surgeries since her accident; her deposition has been taken; we have photos of what she went through.
The student will write her story, starting with accident, what it did to her and what she has gone through since.
Graphics may need to be part of the story, including photos, videos, charts, diagrams, excerpts from medical records, etc.
The job will be on a project basis, not necessarily with set hours although we might have to make it as such. Work can be done in his office, or not necessarily.
Benefit to student: learn investigative, writing and presentation skills, and be involved in a real life event.
With the client’s permission, the student might be able to use some of the work for a magazine article, class paper, newspaper article, depending on the assignment.
Salary will be $12 per hour.
For more information and/or to apply, please email Moore@moorehebert.com
Social Media Specialist, The Louisiana Press Association
The Louisiana Press Association, a trade group of newspapers in the state, seeks student
for social media part-time job immediately:
Social Media Specialist - Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities for the Louisiana Press Association site and other affiliated sites: Specialist will create and manage published content (images, video and written). Duties will include monitor and respond to users in a “social” way while working to increase engagement, this will include review of analytics and developing strategy for optimization. Specialist will also assist in developing content for advertising clients.
Compensation is $10.00 per hour. 8 -10 hours per week. Work can be conducted in and out of office. Time sheet is required.
Send your resume and a note on your qualifications to Erin Palmintier and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Digital Marketing Position, Cazayoux Creative
Cazayoux Creative is a copywriting and content creation company that helps brands bring their stories to life through high-quality writing and online marketing.
The part-time digital marketer will pimarily responsible for assisting with client social media accounts and gathering analytics on social media, paid advertisements, emails, website traffic, etc. The ideal candidate will stay on top of new trends in the digital marketing space and help make client-specific strategic suggestions for growing their businesses.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Social Media – assist in clients’ and company’s social media accounts, from strategy to daily posting. This also includes managing paid advertisements on these social platforms.
- Performance & Reporting – collect and report analytics on social media, paid advertisements, emails, website traffic, etc.
- Writing – assist in reviewing and editing copy. May also have the opportunity to write original copy for projects.
- Proficient computer skills, experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and able to self-manage.
- Aptitude for writing and social media.
- Must own a laptop.
- At least 2 years in college toward a degree in advertising, marketing, public relations or similar fields.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Selected candidate will spend one to two days a week or majority of their time working with the account executive and CEO at the Baton Rouge office location. 20 hours per week
- Additional hours may be worked remotely
- Must have schedule flexibility as some weekend work will be necessary when we have specific events or need social media posts to go out on weekends.
- After 3 months, the internship will be reviewed and may either end, extend or develop into a full time position.
Compensation is $9/hr.
To apply please fill out our https://form.jotform.com/80435717417155.
Send any question to Kylee at email@example.com.
Graphic Design Intern, Lamar Advertising
Lamar Advertising is looking for a part-time graphic design intern to provide graphic design and administrative support to the National Digital Creative Services Team in the Digital side of the National Sales department at Lamar Advertising's Corporate office. This is a paid internship.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Drive digital creative process for National campaigns while working in partnership with the National Digital Department to ensure effective and timely output in line with business goals.
• Establish an on-going dialogue and process to manage communications and expectations for creative with the National Digital team and National Sales staff stakeholders.
• Responsible for researching brands and their current advertising campaigns in order to initiate new creative jobs for National Digital
• Research and understand the creative project scope, and ensure creative output is unique while incorporating current/evolving digital technology
• Review and present concepts/layouts with senior level Digital staff for approval. Ensure creative deliverable ties to creative brief and business strategy prior to presenting to Digital staff members, Digital Services, or Sales staff.
• Ensure consistency of digital creative specs; maintain and communicate those specs to Digital Services and Sales staff.
• Work with senior level National Digital Sales Staff on innovative creative solutions for existing and new customers.
• Keep abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances related to digital creative
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and resources in a deadline-driven environment
• Must demonstrate the ability to design quality conceptual art in fast-turnaround, deadline driven environment
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite software.
• Able to work independently and act on own initiative
• Intimate knowledge of all social media outlets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Detail oriented
• Works well in a team environment
• Must be creative and innovative – able to find solutions to complex problems
• Must be able to assess and provide appropriate design response according to Digital Art Request based on time turnaround (Single Concept, Concept Package, or Strategic Pitch)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Must be in current pursuit of an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
• Concentration in Graphic Design, Advertising, or Marketing preferred.
Contact Rebecca Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 225-926-1000.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Public Relations Specialist, Capital Region Builders Association
The Capital Region Builders Association is seeking a part-time Public Relations Specialist to help engage membership and community in carrying out the mission of CRBA while maintaining and promoting a favorable public image to the nine-parish Capital Region. The specialist is vital to influencing, engaging and building relationships with CRBA’s stakeholders through a variety of platforms. The individual is responsible for assisting the executive officer and director of marketing to shape and frame public perception of CRBA. The candidate will:
- Assist with developing CRBA’s PR and marketing strategies, to include researching, conducting and evaluating programs of action and communication
- Assist with fundraising, community and government relations and other programs that include crisis, executive communications, marketing, media relations and reputation management.
- Create content for CRBA’s social media, website, newsletter and press releases
- Assist with CRBA event logistics
- Assist in organizational administrative duties.
The ideal candidate is responsible, dedicated to CRBA and its members, knowledgeable about CRBA and its communications and familiar with both Associated Press and Chicago styling. The candidate should be a creative and confident communicator with the ability to interact professionally via e-mail and phone. A strong command of Microsoft Office and social media outlets, along with database management, is required. The candidate should have excellent customer service, organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
Hourly pay ranges from $10 - $12 based on experience and 20 hours of work are required weekly. There is an opportunity to make this a full-time position at the end of the semester.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Karen Zito, email@example.com.
Social Media & Community Awareness Student Worker, Louisiana Calling
The Social Media & Community Awareness student worker for Louisiana Calling will be instrumental in the launch of our awareness campaign for a statewide initiative designed to inform and educate people about the great jobs that are available in Louisiana.*
Additionally, Country Music Television (CMT) and their Empowering Education Tour will a series of eight concerts across the state in March. The Louisiana Calling student worker will help design our social media strategy and community awareness campaigns.
The ideal student will be interested in workforce development issues in Louisiana, social media strategy, branding, and working with nonprofits, Community Colleges, and corporate partners. In addition, the student should have a passion for social media, understanding and learning about media strategy, and making connections with communities across Louisiana.
EXPECTED DUTIES for this position include working under the direction of SSA Consultants staff to assist with the:
● Management of Louisiana Calling social media channels [Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.], including scheduling posts, writing posts, and post moderation.
● Developing messages and strategies to reach high school students and develop community awareness in remote areas of Louisiana.
● Interact with and help grow the Louisiana Calling community across social media.
● Research and event coordination for campaign-related endeavors.
● Maintenance of the Louisiana Calling website via CMS (Content Management System).
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS include:
● Junior or Senior
● Basic-to-working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
● Strong writing skills.
● Experience with graphic design.
● Ability to speak and communicate to diverse audiences in different tones.
● Prior experience/exposure to content management systems for website maintenance.
Duration: through March, perhaps until end of semester
To apply, please send resume and any relevant work history/samples to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT Louisiana Calling:
*Louisiana Calling is a coalition of key government, business and community leaders in Louisiana dedicated to meeting our state’s current and future workforce needs. The foundation of this work involves helping Louisianans connect to the many pathways to career and financial success through a multi-year public messaging campaign and resources.
Louisiana Calling’s mission is to harness the power of communication to help Louisianans find their calling. By empowering residents with a new awareness of the opportunities here, they can fully embrace the many educational and training paths available. Louisiana Calling’s communications and strategy are made possible by SSA Consultants (SSA).
SSA’s diverse team of consultants provide services including strategic planning, leadership development, organizational assessment, community outreach, facilitation, social media and website development, public and media relations. All these offerings are backed by the collective academic and real-world management experience that SSA has been known for since its founding in 1970 here in Louisiana. For more information on SSA, visit www.consultssa.com.
Legislative Aide, Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation Office at the Louisiana State Capitol
The Jefferson Parish Legislative Delegation Office is accepting applications for a legislative aide position at the Louisiana State Capitol. Applications will be accepted as soon as possible with the preferred start date for employment in January.
Duties: monitoring floor proceedings and committee hearings of the Legislature, assisting Jefferson Parish delegation members (senators and representatives) in their service representing the parish, obtaining and providing information regarding state funding for local entities, and organizing events/meetings for the delegation. This is a year-round position. Freshmen and sophomores will receive preference, but all applications will be considered. If you have any questions, or wish to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample, please send them via email to email@example.com.
Communications Student Photographer, LSU Res Life
Communications Student Photographer, LSU Res Life
The Communications student photographer will be responsible for managing projects, photographing and/or videoing Residential Life events, editing photographs and video, and developing print and web-based content for the Department of Residential Life. The candidate must be a self-directed conceptual thinker and be able to take direction on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This job requires attendance at after hours events (after 4:30 p.m.), and is an excellent opportunity for a student to build a portfolio and gain real-world experience.
Duties: Work with communications team to develop visual concepts to enhance blog posts, social media, and web articles. Photograph assigned events. Schedule and conduct photo shoots for any assigned topic. Edit photographs. Film events and edit video.
Rate of Pay: $8.00/hour up to 20 hours/week during fall/spring semesters; summer employment optional
Find out more at http://www.lsu.edu/reslife/about/employment/studentjobs/tourguide.php.
Volunteer Camera Operators, LPB
LPB is in need of volunteer camera operators for our December pledge campaign. Critical dates are November 28, December 4, and December 5.
Anyone interested in working cameras for Public Television, please contact Ken Miller, Production Manager, LPB.
Phone (225) 767-4238 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Production Assistant, LSU Division of Strategic Communications
The Video Department at the LSU Division of Strategic Communications is seeking a Production Assistant to assist staff in the production office and on set to produce LSU promotional videos. The Production Assistant will work under the supervision of the Senior Video Producer.
Responsibilities: Shoot and edit b-roll using studio cameras and video equipment. Assist in conducting on-set interviews with subjects. Assist in covering and developing video concepts. Organize various contacts via Microsoft Excel. Assist in editing b-roll and interviews for video projects. Organize upcoming shoots by assisting with, but not limited to coordinating interview subjects via email or phone, coordinating filming locations, organizing interview questions.
Minimum Qualifications for Consideration: Must be able to perform well under pressure, meet daily deadlines, and respond quickly to any changes. Must be organized, highly motivated and results-oriented. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to identify problems and develop subsequent solutions. Strong computer skills and knowledge of editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, etc.). Basic knowledge of camera functionality Physical Requirements. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Please email resume to Elizabeth Shaw at email@example.com.
Unpaid Student Volunteer, The Ramblin' Oldies of Denham Springs
The Ramblin' Oldies of Denham Springs are looking for someone who knows and understands social media to help them connect with their core audience. They need help promoting their main event next year, "The 40th Annual R.O.D.S. RUN" Streetrod show. The show takes place February 23-25, 2018 at the Gerry Lane Cadillac Dealership in Baton Rouge, LA.
Part-Time Student Job, WBRZ-TV
WBRZ-TV is seeking a part-time student worker to perform general office work, courier duties, minor office repairs, and occasional housekeeping.
Must have good driving record and be prompt and dependable. Hours: ~4 hours per day; mornings; M-F, or at least 3-4 days per week.
Pay: $8.75 per hour
Please direct any information or resumes to: Pallas Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paid Part-Time Student Job, LPB
LPB is seeking a part-time student worker to answer switchboard, perform general office work and courier. Must have good driving record and be prompt. Students must be enrolled as full-time students. Preference will be given to freshmen or sophomores. Application accessible here: http://media2.lpb.org/images/studentapplication.doc
All applications for student employment must be completed by your school registrar before submitting to HR. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Paid Part-Time Job for a Public Relations Major, Baton Rouge Symphony
Duties: Handles social media including Instagram, Facebook and others. Drafts and sends out email blasts to lists. Researches and organizes deadlines for external events calendars and advertising including 225, Country Roads, Dig, Business Report, LSU Reville, InRegister, etc.
Time required: about 10 hours per week, both in-office and remote.
For more information or to apply with resume and cover letter, please contact Chari Russo at Chari@brso.org
Paid Student Worker Position, Communications and Marketing, LSU Foundation
The Communications and Marketing team seeks a mass communication student for a paid student worker position with the Foundation’s marketing and communications team. This student position will provide public relations and marketing support by helping to track communications and marketing projects and results; conducting, synthesizing and organizing project-specific research (e.g., reviewing peers' crowdfunding sites and marketing materials); keeping photo archives tagged and well-curated; and other, similar duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities: Provides public relations and marketing support by helping to track communications and marketing projects and results. Conducts, synthesizes and organizes project-specific research (e.g., reviewing peers' crowdfunding sites and marketing materials). Keeps photo archives tagged and well-curated. Performs clerical or data entry tasks. Copies, sorts, and shreds materials. Compiles information as requested by the departmental supervisor. Conducts research using the Internet as requested. Delivers materials to other campus offices.
Required knowledge and skills qualifications: Must be enrolled full-time at LSU. Competent in Microsoft Office with excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills. Experience with AP Style, copy-writing and/or editing. May be occasionally required to work extended workdays, evenings or weekends.
For more information or to apply, please contact: Brandy Shillings at email@example.com
Part-time, Paid Student Worker, Capital Region Planning Commission
Capital Region Planning Commission (CRPC) seeks a part-time, paid student worker.
Primary duties include: Writes content and designs quarterly newsletter. Updates content and layout of website. Develops, manages and tracks organization’s social media pages. Writes and distributes press releases. Composes social media content. Maintains stakeholder and member databases. Coordinates and staffs outreach events throughout the region to raise awareness of CRPC. Develops presentation materials (i.e. power points, flyers, brochures, charts, etc.). Assists with developing, staffing and promoting region-wide public outreach campaigns such as the Long Range Plan updates. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient in social media posting (i.e. Facebook, Twitter). Some knowledge of website development. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong organizational and time management skills.
Information about CRPC at www.crpcla.org
Pay is $15.00 per hour; the student worker will be remotely supervised by a public relations consultant.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Kendra Hendricks, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 22 or until position is filled.
Part-Time Positions, The Sports Quotient
The Sports Quotient, a start-up digital sports media company, offers a variety of sports media/journalism positions (columnists, reporters, etc.). Joining SQ requires only a handful of hours a week from your home/dorm with personalized feedback from our staff. Writers will gain valuable skills and experience through personalized, in-depth feedback on every article through our double-editor system.
The Sports Quotient is seeking:
Columnists: Write one in-depth, analytical article a week within your favorite sport (topics up to you)
Reporters: Cover major headlines and breaking news across the sports world
Viral Media Writers: Cover must-see content with light, comical commentary
Editors: Review and edit weekly content for grammar and content quality
Other Available Positions: Statisticians, Marketing Associates, Graphic Designers, and Sports Trivia Quiz Writers
To apply, contact Kevin Luo, Content Director at email@example.com with the top 2-3 positions you're most interested in.
Organizational and Digital Communication Internship, Melinda Stallings International (MSI)
MSI, Melinda Stallings International, an organizational development consulting entity, seeks a junior or first semester senior to serve as organizational communication person and digital specialist. Preference will be given to those interested in a year-long commitment. Will work remotely to develop all public relations and messaging for MSI. Ensure that all media is presented with a professionally savvy slant.
The ideal candidate will be versed in creation and maintenance of social media to include web updates and use of SEO qualifiers. Ability to mine information and contacts through social media such as LinkedIn, etc. Must have solid ability in the use of graphics and innovative concept messaging for daily motivational quotes.
Specific duties: Ensures the continuity of brand in all disseminated media – sound, video, print and digital. Develops and maintains daily social media posts on identified social media sites. Posts public relations information to applicable sites for consultant’s appearances, speeches and seminars. Develops and maintains media list for submission of publicity and articles. Develops and maintains an innovative media kit. Develops and regularly updates one pager for MSI. Develops flyers, brochures, postcards to support the brand and specific marketing campaigns. Identifies potential clients through research on Linked In and other targeted searches to build the brand and business for MSI. Responsible for the timely contact and response to potential clients. Becomes an advocate for the Infinite Power of Positive/The Power of Positive Conflict Resolution in different age markets through targeted appeals and empowerments. Accompanies Melinda Stallings to agreed-upon speaking engagements to video, serve as PR contact before, during and after engagements. If travel is required, Melinda Stallings will handle all expenses associated therewith. Maintains Ms. Stallings calendar and provide response to booking inquiries. Assists with the launch of Ms. Stallings book, “The Power of Positive Conflict Resolution” on a national level coordinating public appearances, media coverage and book signings (with book launch team). Comes with great ideas that you are excited to attempt.
The position will entail a once per week meeting at the office of MSI and thereafter an agreed-upon schedule of remote or office time. Minimum of 15 hours per week (adjusted during mid-terms and finals). Beginning pay is $10.00 per hour with increase after demonstrated drive, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter outlining relevant skills and experience and what you'll bring to the relationship. Additionally, what your expectations will be from Melinda Stallings and the consulting practice to fulfill your requirements as well as gain substantial benefits from this opportunity. Send all materials to Melinda@MelindaStallings.com