Apply for the Scripps Howard summer scholarship grant
The Scripps Howard Foundation will select one Manship student to receive a summer award based on an application that reflects the criteria outlined below.
The award is $3,000 with a $500 follow-up scholarship grant. Although Scripps Howard encourage placement in an unpaid internship, the award may supplement a paid internship in a large, expensive market. Placements may be at Scripps operating units (sites listed at www.scripps.com) or at other employment.
Criteria for eligible internships:
- minimum of 10 weeks for a minimum of 35 hours per week
- placement must be in a multimedia position, or as a news producer, or in an environment that offers sales, entrepreneurial, social media or digital communications experience
- internship may be a paid or unpaid placement and may or may not be at a Scripps operating unit
- may not be at a Scripps operating unit’s direct competitor
- no freelance arrangements will be approved
How to apply:
First obtain a summer internship that meets the above criteria;
Submit a resume, letter or email from your internship supervisor detailing your internship job description; and a short cover letter explaining why you will intern at the said employer and are applying for the award.
Submit these by the deadline: Wednesday, April 26, at 4:00 PM to Mary Ann Sternberg—internship coordinator, email@example.com.