- Roll the cursor over a purple parish to see speakers from that parish.
- Click the mouse on a parish to lock it in.
- Roll the cursor over a speaker to get biographical information.
- Click the mouse on a speaker to hear the sample.
- Child 57 little boy SWE (Southern White English), 4 years old
- Child 59 little boy SWE, 6 years old
- Child 58 little boy SAAE, 6 years old
- Child 55 little girl SAAE, 6 years old (has a post-nasal drip)
- Gabriel Ledet French speaker at home then learned English in school, from Breaux Bridge, age in the 70s
St. Landry Parish
- Roland age 23, self identifies as a Cajun, learned French and English since birth, considers himself bilingual
- Joseph Dugas Creole French speaker from childhood, 65 years old
St. Martin Parish
- Emmert Charles Creole French, 83 years old, he and his parents are from St Martinsville, 8th grade education and Military school/training, French/English/Creole from childhood