Private Medical Health Insurance Option
International students on F and J visa statuses may substitute the LSU Student Medical Health Insurance Plan with a private medical health insurance plan which meets all mandatory requirements set forth by the University (and the United States Department of State for J visas status holders.)
Please Follow the Instructions Below
- Have your private medical health insurance agent completely fill out and sign the F-1 or J-1 Insurance Coverage Evaluation form and then send the form back to you for your signature on the "Student Signature Line" at the bottom of the form. This form is available at the front desk of 101 Hatcher Hall or you may scroll down to the bottom of this page to download the appropriate form according to your visa status.
- Bring this form to International Services, 101 Hatcher Hall, by Thursday, June 8, 2017 by the close of business at 4:30 PM (Absolute deadline date. No exceptions). This form may also be faxed to International Services at 225-578-1413 or e-mailed to Janice Goodloe.
- Insurance Coverage Evaluation forms must be completely filled out, dated, and signed by private medical health insurance companies and submitted to International Services by the insurance deadline date at the beginning of each and every semester, regardless of the insurance coverage end date stated on any previously submitted and /or approved forms.
- Copies of insurance cards, letters, certificates, etc., will not be accepted.
- Your private medical health insurance policy must begin on or before June 5, 2017 and end on or after July 27, 2017 at a minimum for the Summer 2017 semester.
Please realize a credit of the insurance charge is not immediate upon receipt of the insurance waiver form. This form must be processed. International Services is responsible for contacting the private medical insurance carrier to verify benefit coverage
Due to the large volume of waiver requests received, the LSU student medical health insurance charge will be delayed:
- Each received waiver form requires an IS staff member to reach the private insurance provider directly to verify benefits (must allow for processing time.)
- Students whose waivers must be denied will be contacted directly by e-mail and in the case where additional information may be necessary
- If students have not heard from IS regarding the denial of the waiver or any additional information needed, waiver request is pending and still under review.
- Students may check their LSU fee bill to determine if the waiver has been approved and the LSU student health insurance charge has been credited.
Due to a student population of 1600 + and the ability to contact external private insurance providers, processing time may take a number of business weeks.
NOTE: Our office cannot remove an insurance charge or request a refund for previous semesters.
- It is your responsibility to check your fee bill and/or to inquire with International Services at the beginning of the Spring 2017 semester to determine if your submitted form was received.
Pane 2 Content
and so on ...
Pane 3 Content
Pane 4 Content