The International Hospitality Foundation (IHF) links the Baton Rouge community and LSU's international students in friendship and intercultural exchange. Founded in 1960 as a non-profit organization, IHF has fostered global understanding for more than 50 years through its programs:
* Matches Friendship Families with students in non-residential program: hosts invite students for a meal, include them in activities approximately monthly, as time permits for student and host
* Organizes party to welcome new students in the fall and spring semesters.
* Arranges for students to address local clubs, schools, and churches about their home culture.
* Coordinates community orientation/shopping tours each semester.
* Sponsors a Loan Closet for students to borrow or purchase at minimal cost household items during their stay here. Donations of good serviceable items from the community are needed.
International students who are currently in degree or exchange programs at LSU click here to apply for the Friendship Host program.
You may already know that the International Hospitality Foundation is a 501 © 3 not-for-profit organization with LSU providing office space.
Click contact for information on how to help IHF