Master's Degree: University of Virginia
PhD: University of Georgia
Lara Glenum is the author of four full-length collections of poetry: The Hounds of No, Maximum Gaga, Pop Corpse, All Hopped Up On Fleshy Dumdums. She is also the co-editor, with Arielle Greenberg, of Gurlesque: the new grrly, grotesque, burlesque poetics and the expanded second edition, Electric Gurlesque, due out in 2016. She has been the recipient of a Fulbright Fellowship and an NEA Translation Fellowship.
You can learn more about her work at: http://lara-glenum.tumblr.com/
• TAF Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching, LSU (2013)
• Outstanding Graduate Faculty Teaching Award, LSU (2010)
• Manship Summer Research Fellowship, LSU (2010)
• NEA Translation Fellowship (with Josef Horacek) (2009)
• Fulbright Fellowship, Czech Republic (2000)
• “Welcome to the Gurlesque.” Jacket 40 (2010).
• “A Poem Is a Skin That Ruptures,” VOLTA (2011)