PhD Publication Highlights
- "'Certainty in its Purest Form': Globalization, Fundamentalism, and Narrative in Zadie Smith’s White Teeth." Contemporary Literature 57.4 (2017): 541-568.
- The Fresh Table: Cooking Louisiana All the Year Round (LSU Press, 2013).
- 'Gathered in Illustrious Assembly': Mesmeric-Agents, Villains, and their Magnetic Networks' in Alexander Dumas’s The Queen’s Necklace." Criminal Papers: Reading Crime in the French Nineteenth Century. Newcastle, United Kingdom: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2012.
- "Anaïs, Henry, and June: Reading Non-Monogamy in Literature." Journal of Bisexuality, 16.3 (2016)
- Review of The Geek Feminist Revolution by Kameron Hurley. New Delta Review, May 2016. Online.
- "Reading Textuality and Sexuality in Doris Lessing's The Golden Notebook and Luce Irigaray's This Sex Which Is Not One." Doris Lessing Studies 29.1 (Fall 2010): 19-23.
- Apocalypse South: Judgement, Cataclysm, and Resistance in the Regional Imaginary. Columbus: The Ohio University Press. 2012.
- “Paths of Virtue: Legal Rhetorics in Judaism and Islam.” Rhetoric Society Quarterly, 48, 1, 2018.
- "'The Truth of Reliable Tradition’: Saadya Gaon, Arabic Rhetoric, and the Challenge to Rhetorical Historiography.” Rhetorica: A Journal of the History of Rhetoric, 35, 2, 161-188.
- Being Ugly: Southern Women Writers and Social Rebellion. Baton Rouge: Lousiana State University Press, 2017.
- "Gothic Revelations of Marriage in The Witch of Ravensworth and The Horrors of Oakendale Abbey." Studies in Gothic Fiction 1.1 (2010).
- "A Loa in These Hills: Voudou and the Ineffable in Lee Smith's On Agate Hill." Journal of Appalachian Studies 15.1-2 (Spring and Fall 2009).
- "Reading as Initiation: Ceremonial Metanarratives in Mayra Montero's The Messenger." OFO: Journal of Transatlantic Studies. 1(2): 2011
- Review of Victorian Melodrama in the Twenty-First Century by Katie Kapurch. The Journal of Pop Culture. December 2017.
- Review of The Ecology of Modernism by Joshua Schuster. Journal of Modern Literature. Fall 2017.
- "Pictures at an Exhibition." Real Life. November 8, 2017.
- Review of Grounds of Engagement: Apartheid-Era African American and South African Writing by Stephane Robolin. Safundi. August 2017.
- "The Network Imaginary," Review of Network Aesthetics by Patrick Jagoda. The Los Angeles Review of Books. November 1, 2016.
- "The Case of the Missing Kid." AbstracTales. New Delhi: Kalamos Literary Services. 2016.
- "Defiance and sHe."The Lady in Me. New Delhi: Kalamos Literary Services. 2017
- Epiphany: Tales of Revelations. Allahabad: Cyberwit. 2016.
- "Hide and Seek." Shout It Out. Lost Tower Publications, 2016.
- "The Lion and the Girl: Wallace Stevens, Sublimation, and the Problem of Being Ordinary." The Wallace Stevens Journal, Fall 2010.
Jordan Von Cannon
- (co-authored with Kathleen Anderson). "Mrs. Jennings and Mrs. Palmer: The Path to Female Self-Determination in Austen's Sense and Sensibility." Persuasions: The Jane Austen Journal. 30 (2008): 135-48.
Michael Von Cannon
- "Traumatizing Arcadia: Postwar Pastoral in Ernest Hemingway's The Sun Also Rises," The Hemingway Review. 32: 1(Fall 2012): 57-71
- “A Drama of Race and Class: Southern Progressivism in Paul Green’s The House of Connelly.” Celebrating Twenty-Five Years of the North Carolina Literary Review. Spec. issue of North Carolina Literary Review, vol. 25, 2016, pp. 72-85.
- [Co-Editor and Contributing Author.] “Blast South: Manifestos of Southern Vorticism.” Special Roundtable for Mississippi Quarterly, vol. 68, no. 1-2, 2015. pp. 5-42.
Season Two [17 episodes]. About South Podcast. 7 Jul. 2017-8 Dec. 2017, http://aboutsouthpodcast.com/.
Season One [18 episodes]. About South Podcast. 7 Jul. 2017-8 Dec. 2017, http://aboutsouthpodcast.com/.
Anna West (co-authored with Susan Weinstein)
- “Call and responsibility: Critical Questions for Youth Spoken Word Poetry.” Harvard Educational Review. June 2012. 82(2): 282-302