Issue 4: September 8, 2017
Current Work & Accomplishments
- Eighteen informational and requirements gathering sessions have been scheduled and will be ongoing through the month of September. Units not already scheduled for a visit have been contacted and will be scheduled within the next week. As of Friday, September 8, the Project Team has met with First Year Experience, Transfer Student Services, and Military & Veteran Student Services, the College of Music and Dramatic Arts, the E. J. Ourso College of Business, the Faculty Senate, LSU Online, and Residential Life.
- A & A Deans Meeting was held on Friday, September 8 with great questions and good engagement throughout the presentation.
- The project website updates continue. Latest update includes posting of the requirements that meet a “thin thread” of Student functionality.
- Our Project Manager started this week and will be joining the team for activities next week. She will be helping to organize and schedule project activities (e.g., information and requirement gathering sessions)
- Efforts continue to interview and onboard experienced business analysts who will use a technology-agnostic best practice approach to gather requirements from campuses, colleges and departments.
Upcoming Work & Milestones
- Informational Meetings are getting scheduled. Please encourage impacted staff to attend.
- Identify and engage stakeholders in requirements gathering/vetting process.
- Reviewing 715 starter requirements to Workday functionality
- Continue to work with and through IT Governance for review/approval of strategic project goals and objectives.
- IT Governance meets on 9/12