The Engineering Residential College (ERC) - North Hall, which opened in Fall 2012,
is one of the newest learning communities helping to develop the next generation of
engineers, construction managers and computer scientists who will face the technical
challenges of a global economy.
The ERC offers academic enhancement programs, some classes in the residence hall,
plus weekly instruction supplementing math, physics, and chemistry. A prime goal of
the ERC is to jump start students' professional development by quickly acquainting
them with the College of Engineering. Corporate sponsored events aimed at exposing
students to internship, Co-Op, and engineering, construction management, and computer
science careers are additional ERC program objectives.
- Admission Requirements & Eligibility:
The Engineering Residential College is open to students with a declared major in engineering,
construction management, computer science, or engineering undecided.
- Students must also have a MATH ACT of 23 or higher(or a MATH SAT of 540 or higher).
- ERC residents will be scheduled in two classes out of a set of first year English,
Math, and Science courses for each semester based on initial placement in curricula.
- Onsite tutoring and academic support will be available as well as academic advising
with LSU College of Engineering counselors and ERC rector.
- Through a variety of activities and programs, ERC students have the opportunity for
interaction with College of Engineering faculty and staff, industry leaders, College
of Engineering student organizations and Career Services, to name a few.