The Encounter Engineering (E2) Bridge Camp is a great opportunity for incoming freshmen to get a head start on their college experience. At E2, entering freshmen in engineering, construction management, and computer science will receive helpful information that will prepare them for their future in the College of Engineering and beyond. Students will participate in various team-building and design activities, attend academic sessions, and meet upperclassmen, faculty, and industry partners. Students are placed in small teams, each led by a peer mentor who will guide them throughout the week. A sample schedule with descriptions of activities can be downloaded here.
2018 Encounter Engineering
- Dates: August 10 – August 15, 2018
- E2 Cost = $350 + housing fee (TBD)
- $350 fee includes a $50 nonrefundable deposit
- Housing fee only applies if student has a reservation to live on campus in Fall 2018
- All charges will be applied directly to the student's billing statement on myLSU
- Applications open: April 2, 2018 (a link to the online application will be provided here on April 2nd)
- Application deadline: July 16, 2018 at 11:59pm CST
- Must be registered in a major offered by the College of Engineering and have an LSUID number (89#) in order to apply.
- Space is limited. Students will be accepted to the program on a first come, first serve basis.
- There is a $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- July 2 – July 16, 2018 = 50% camp fee refund deadline.
- No refunds after July 16, 2018.
- If you opt not to attend LSU but do not notify the program, you will still be charged.
- E2 does not provide housing, but you can move into your Fall Residential Hall Assignment on Friday, August 10, 2018. The list of E2 participants will be provided to Residential Life by E2 staff based on the information you provide on your application form.
- A separate charge for housing will appear on your University Fee bill sometime after camp is over.
- Contact LSU Res Life for more information on housing matters.
- Some lunches, dinners and snacks will be provided. You are responsible for the rest of your meals.
A limited number of partial camp fee waivers are available based on financial need as determined by your FAFSA and other factors. Applicants will be notified if they qualify for one of these partial waivers before the beginning of the camp.
Click here for frequently asked questions about the program.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please contact the E2 staff at: E2Camp@lsu.edu
Encounter Engineering is proudly sponsored by Baker Hughes and Shell.