The Encounter Engineering (E2) Bridge Camp is a great opportunity for incoming freshmen
to get a head start on their college experience. At E2, entering freshmen in engineering,
construction management, and computer science will receive helpful information that
will prepare them for their future in the College of Engineering and beyond. Students
will participate in various team-building and design activities, attend academic sessions,
and meet upperclassmen, faculty, and industry partners. Students are placed in small
teams, each led by a peer mentor who will guide them throughout the week.
2017 Encounter Engineering
- Dates: August 11, 2017 – August 16, 2017
- Cost: $350 (housing is separate)
- Camp and housing charges, if applicable, will be applied to the student's fee bill
- Applications open: March 29, 2017
- Application deadline: July 17, 2017 at 11:59pm CST
- Must be registered in a major offered by the College of Engineering and have an LSUID
number (89#) in order to apply.
- Space is limited. Students will be accepted to the program on a first come, first
Application Info and Refund Deadlines
- If you are accepted into the program, a nonrefundable charge of $50.00 will be applied
if you drop the camp.
- July 1 – July 18, 2017 = 50% camp fee refund deadline
- July 17, 2016 (11:59 pm CST) = E2 Application deadline. (No refunds after this date.)
- Failure to submit your Participant Form by July 18, 2017, may result in removal from
camp without a refund.
- If you opt not to attend LSU but do not notify the program, you will still be charged.
- If you want to register for MATH 1550 (Calculus I), make sure you take your ALEKS
- E2 does not provide housing, but you can move into your Fall Residential Hall Assignment
on Friday, August 11, 2017. The list of E2 participants will be provided to Residential
Life by E2 staff based on the information you provide on your application form.
- A separate charge for housing will appear on your University Fee bill. This covers
for the entire camp period.
- Contact LSU Res Life for more information on housing matters.
- Some lunches, dinners and snacks will be provided. You are responsible for the rest
of your meals. Estimate $25.00 a day.
Limited number of partial camp fee waivers are available based on financial need as
determined by your FAFSA, academic and leadership factors, and donations by industry
Click here for frequently asked questions about the program.
Forms and Dates
All APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JULY 17, 2017.
- Camp Application Form
- Challenge Course Participant Form
- Challenge Course Information
Complete the Participant Form and upload into your Camp Application Form and submit.
You can use electronic signatures where signatures are required.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please contact the E2 staff at: E2Camp@lsu.edu
Encounter Engineering is proudly sponsored by Baker Hughes, Shell, and Albemarle.