The Encounter Engineering (E2) Bridge Camp is a great opportunity for incoming freshmen to get a head start on their college experience. At E2, entering freshmen in engineering, construction management, and computer science will receive helpful information that will prepare them for their future in the College of Engineering and beyond. Students will participate in various team-building and design activities, attend academic sessions, and meet upperclassmen, faculty, and industry partners. Students are placed in small teams, each led by a peer mentor who will guide them throughout the week. A sample schedule with descriptions of activities can be downloaded here.
2017 Encounter Engineering
- Dates: August 11, 2017 – August 16, 2017
- E2 Cost: $350; Housing fee (if applicable): $148
- Housing fee only applies if student has a reservation for Fall 2017
- All charges will be applied to the student's billing statement
- Applications open: March 29, 2017
- Application deadline: July 17, 2017 at 11:59pm CST
- Must be registered in a major offered by the College of Engineering and have an LSUID number (89#) in order to apply.
- Space is limited. Students will be accepted to the program on a first come, first serve basis.
Application Info and Refund Deadlines
- If you are accepted into the program, a nonrefundable charge of $50.00 will be applied if you drop the camp.
- June 26 – July 10, 2017 = 50% camp fee refund deadline; no refunds after July 10
- If you opt not to attend LSU but do not notify the program, you will still be charged.
- If you want to register for MATH 1550 (Calculus I), make sure you take your ALEKS test.
- E2 does not provide housing, but you can move into your Fall Residential Hall Assignment on Friday, August 11, 2017. The list of E2 participants will be provided to Residential Life by E2 staff based on the information you provide on your application form.
- A separate charge of $148 for housing will appear on your University Fee bill. This covers for the entire camp period.
- Contact LSU Res Life for more information on housing matters.
- Some lunches, dinners and snacks will be provided. You are responsible for the rest of your meals. Estimate $25.00 a day.
Limited number of partial camp fee waivers are available based on financial need as determined by your FAFSA, academic and leadership factors, and donations by industry partners. Applicants will be notified if they qualify for one of these partial waivers.
Click here for frequently asked questions about the program.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please contact the E2 staff at: E2Camp@lsu.edu
Encounter Engineering is proudly sponsored by Baker Hughes, Shell, and Albemarle.