Grade Exclusion Petition
College of Engineering Instructions for Processing a Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP)
This form may be submitted EITHER:
- Electronically via the form and submit button below
- In person by printing the form and delivering to the William Brookshire Student Services Office, 2228 Patrick F. Taylor Hall (DOWNLOAD FORM HERE)
- This policy applies only when the grade exclusion request is filed prior to retaking the course.
- CoE Student Services dates for accepting & submitting petitions:
|Semester||Start Accepting Petitions||Deadline for Petitions*|
|Summer Intersession 2017||July 20, 2017||August 8, 2017 @ 4:30pm|
|Fall 2017||July 31, 2017||August 30, 2017 @ 4:30pm|
|Wintersession 2017||December 5, 2017||December 12, 2017 @ 4:30pm|
|Spring 2018||December 14, 2017||January 22, 2018 @ 4:30pm|
|Spring Intersession 2018||May 10, 2018||May 15, 2018 @ 4:30pm|
|Summer 2018||May 16, 2018||June 7, 2018 @ 4:30pm|
* The deadline to complete a request for any term/semester is the last day to add classes for that term!
To request implementation of the Grade Exclusion policy:
1. Review BOTH policy details and a listing of courses that cannot be used with Grade Exclusion. These can be found at the University Registrar's website.
- Policy details
- Disallowed courses
- For courses in which 2 F grades were earned, first contact Student Services to appeal for permission to retake the course. LSU College of Engineering, Student Services, phone 225-578-5731
2. For Student Athletes ONLY: Bring your completed Grade Exclusion Petition (GEP) to the Academic Center for Student Athletes (ACA). They will determine the compatibility of your request with maintaining your eligibility
to compete. The GEP must have an ACA signature before the College of Engineering can
process the request.
3. GEP are processed weekly. You will be contacted if there are issues that prevent your petition from being processed.
Scroll back up to top for confirmation message.