The Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering is committed to delivering the highest possible educational experience to its students.
To further that end, we invite all who would like to share in this commitment to contribute
to the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Development Fund.
Make a Gift Now
You can make a gift online through the LSU Foundation's secure online giving site and choosing the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Development Fund under Designations.
Your employer may have a program that will match your philanthropic gift. Click here to find out if your company matches charitable contributions.
Gifts of Stock
Learn more about making a gift through appreciated, marketable stock. Click here for more information.
Where to Send a Gift
If you prefer to mail your gift, please make checks payable to LSU Foundation and note in the memo line the area you would like to support (e.g., graduate student
fellowships, undergraduate student scholarships, endowed professorships, or faculty
development fund). Mail to:
W. David Constant, Department Chair
149 E. B. Doran Building, LSU
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-4505
Ways Your Gifts Help the Department
- support for instructors with industrial, environmental, biomedical experience for
- support for updated lab facilities
- support for courses with computer software specific to engineering, process design,
- equipment, computers, and supplies for undergraduate labs
- materials for undergraduate projects (e.g. undergraduate research, senior design projects)
- travel support for undergraduates to meetings/research conferences
- fellowships and assistantships for graduate students
- support for travel for graduate students to attend research conferences
- support for equipment maintenance, repair, and modifications
- support for travel expenses of invited seminar speakers to the department
- support for graduate student recruitment
- support for travel expenses for faculty candidate interviews
- start-up funds to attract new faculty
- laboratory and office renovations for new faculty
- graduate student support
- support for travel to research and educational conferences
- support for travel to build relationships with industry, potential research partners,
- summer salary for faculty who provide high levels of service to the department
- professorships that help supplement salaries and increase faculty retention
We appreciate your interest in the Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering!
Please give us a call if we can assist you with making a gift, learning more about
the needs of the department, or any questions you may have. We are here to help. Contact
us at (225) 578-3153.
We are now on facebook! Click here to view the LSU BAE page.
We'd love to hear from our alumni! Something new going on in your life (new job, marriage,