Patrick F. Taylor Hall Renovation & Expansion
Locations with an asterisk (*) indicate that it is the same location as Phase 2. Otherwise, all other locations are new. Transitions began in July 2017 and will continue through the fall semester. See timeline below for details.
July and August
Dean’s Office: 2214 PFT
Chemical Engineering: 3307 PFT
Civil & Environmental: 3255 PFT
Construction Management: 3319 PFT
Mechanical & Industrial: 3261 PFT*
Computer Science & Engineering: 3325 PFT
Electrical & Computer Engineering: 3325 PFT
Petroleum Engineering: 3207 PFT
Student Services: 2228 PFT (Office will be closed to visits during relocation)
Chevron Center for Engineering Education: 1269 PFT
Campus IT Computer Lab: 1350 PFT
Wayfinding Reference Guide
PFT and the ChE Annex was divided into three “zones” running north-south. These zones are color-coded to help identify location in the building. See the image below for more.
- The Chemical Engineering addition is Zone 100. Every room in this zone will be 1100s (1st floor), 2100s (2nd floor) and 3100s (3rd floor). Additionally, all signage in Zone 100 will be gray. This includes the room numbers, way-finding signage, etc. You will notice a gray striping along the tops of the doorway when you enter this zone.
- The “middle” section of PFT Hall is Zone 200. Every room in this zone will be 1200s (1st floor), 2200s (2nd floor) and 3200s (3rd floor). Additionally, all signage in Zone 200 will be purple. This includes the room numbers, way-finding signage, etc. You will notice a purple striping along the tops of the doorway when you enter this zone.
- The Eastern section (BEC-side) of PFT is Zone 300. Every room in this zone will be 1300s (1st floor), 2300s (2nd floor) and 3300s (3rd floor). Additionally, all signage in Zone 300 will be gold. This includes the room numbers, way-finding signage, etc. You will notice a gold striping along the tops of the doorway when you enter this zone.
Below is the updated pedestrian access plan for Phase 2 of renovation. This will be in place for the start of the fall semester and continue until the end of the project. There will be four areas of entry, but note that some open later in the semester:
- Entry on the north side of the Cambre Atrium (near stair 3)
- Back/north side of the phase 1 (facing Old Forestry building)
- East side of phase 1 (facing BEC, near stair 6)
- The Chemical Engineering Building will have two – middle entrance (open now) and an entrance on the south side, by the auditorium (near stair 1, open December 2016)
Stay connected with the College throughout this exciting transition and growth phase! Our website will be your main source for information during the renovation and expansion of Patrick F. Taylor Hall. We will also keep you updated through ENGR Weekly email updates and social media. Be sure to follow us on Instragram and Twitter @LSUEngineering and like our Facebook page! To see additional progress photos of the Patrick F. Taylor Hall renovation and expansion project, check out our Flickr photo album here.