Did You Know?
- In the 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges, LSU is ranked in the first tier for “Best National Universities."
- LSU is the only public university in Louisiana designated as having very high research activity (RU/VH) by the prestigious Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, the highest ranking awarded to doctorate-granting institutions.
- LSU was named to the 2009 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service-learning and civic engagement, by the Corporation for National and Community Service. The selection recognizes LSU's commitment to service and civic engagement. This marks the second time LSU has been selected to the honor roll, after also being named to the inaugural list in 2006.
- LSU earned the prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement and Outreach classification in 2008, one of 68 public institutions nationally with this elective classification based on community engagement.
- LSU is one of only a handful of universities in the nation having land-grant, sea-grant and space-grant status.
- Great in 2008: LSU was one of only two universities in the nation in 2008 to produce the combination of a Truman Scholar, four Goldwater Scholars and a USA Today All-USA College Academic First Team member. In addition, four LSU students were also selected as Presidential Management Fellows – another nationally prestigious award.
- The E. J. Ourso College of Business was ranked in the Top 50 of the internationally known “Top Business Schools” in 2009 by Eduniversal and was recognized during the inaugural Eduniversal World Convention, held in November 2008. Eduniversal first placed the E. J. Ourso College of Business in its top 1,000 business schools worldwide ranking in October 2007.
- In 2009, the LSU Robert S. Reich School of Landscape Architecture was ranked among the top five schools in the nation by DesignIntelligence, the leading journal of the design professions. It marks the fifth consecutive year LSU ranks among the top five. According to the results of the 2009 survey, LSU has the number two-ranked landscape architecture school in the United States.
- The LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business' Department of Finance was named a CFA Institute Program Partner. The CFA Institute is the global association for investment professionals. It administers the Chartered Financial Analyst and Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement curriculum and exam programs worldwide; publishes research; conducts professional development programs and sets voluntary, ethics-based professional and performance-reporting standards for the investment industry.
- LSU currently ranks among the top 30 public universities in total research awards. The University’s total federal funding; from agencies such as the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and the Department of Homeland Security; has increased 86 percent or more than $90 million over the last five years.
- In 2007, the LSU E. J. Ourso College of Business Flores MBA Program was ranked in the nation’s top 10 by the Wall Street Journal among schools that draw corporate recruiters regionally. After debuting in the rankings at ninth in 2006, the program was ranked seventh in 2007.