LSU Theatre Usher Registration
We appreciate you volunteering to usher for the LSU Theatre Department and Swine Palace.
There are a few things that will prepare you for this opportunity.
- First, please arrive one hour and fifteen minutes prior to the beginning of the show and report to the House Manager on duty (6:15 PM for 7:30 PM shows, 12:45 PM for 2:00 PM matinees). The Usher Sheets show both the Show time and the Report time. Plan on staying through the entire show as you will be needed during preshow, intermission(s), and post show.
- If you sign up for opening night on the Main Stage Shows (those at the Swine Palace or the Shaver Theatre), you may be assisting with a reception after the show. Please plan on staying later that night.
- As an usher, you will be assisting the House Manager in many areas. These duties may include, but are not limited to, taking tickets, stuffing programs, distributing programs, seating patrons, welcoming patrons, selling concessions, picking up the theatre after the show, setting up for receptions, notifying House Manager of injuries or problems during the show, etc.
- Please dress/groom appropriately. Business-casual or Sunday attire is appropriate. NO jeans, sneakers, shorts, t-shirts, caps, etc. should be worn. It is very important to us that we look and act professional at all times.
- If you can not work your shift, you MUST find someone to take your place. We really rely on our ushers and when one doesn't show up, it makes the entire evening difficult.
- At the performance where you serve as an usher, you will be able to see the entire show. We hope this will be an exciting experience for you.