Music Theory Organizations
The Society for Music Theory
LSU graduate students and faculty are active in the Society for Music Theory (SMT), an international organization of music theorists. Graduate students and members of the music theory faculty have presented numerous papers at annual meetings of SMT, and have been active in the life of the Society as officers of the society, members of committees and interest groups, and members of Graduate Workshops.
The South Central Society for Music Theory
The South Central Society for Music Theory (SCSMT) is an organization for scholars, teachers, and students of music theory and analysis. The society's geographic base is in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Tennessee, but membership is open to all.
- Teachers of music theory and related disciplines at colleges and universities.
- Music teachers and performers, for whom teaching music theory, aural skills, and related topics is a part of a career in performance or composition.
- Students at all levels, from high school students to doctoral candidates.
For more information about the SCSMT, contact Dr. Jeffrey Perry.
Regional & Other Music Theory Organizations
- Music Theory Society of New York State
- Music Theory Midwest
- Music Theory Southeast
- New England Conference of Music Theorists
- Music Theory Society of the Mid-Atlantic
- Rocky Mountain Society for Music Theory
- Texas Society for Music Theory
- West Coast Conference of Music Theory and Analysis
- Canadian University Music Theory Society
- Florida State University Graduate Theory Society
- Indiana University Graduate Theory Society