- An internship is a three-credit course that requires 120 hours of work under the guidance
of a supervisor who is a recognized information professional.
- The student must have completed 18 hours of LIS courses before registering for an
Internship, including all core courses and any relevant elective(s). The student's
advisor must approve the Internship.
- Planning for an Internship must begin the semester before the semester in which the
student will register for and complete the Internship.
- An Internship is strongly suggested for those students who do not have previous experience
in libraries or information centers.
- No more than six hours of Internship credit may be applied toward the MLIS degree.
7900 Internship in Library and Information Science