- An internship is a three-credit course that requires 120 hours of work under the guidance of a supervisor who is a recognized information professional.
- The student must have completed 18 hours of LIS courses before registering for an Internship, including all core courses and any relevant elective(s). The student's advisor must approve the Internship.
- Planning for an Internship must begin the semester before the semester in which the student will register for and complete the Internship.
- An Internship is strongly suggested for those students who do not have previous experience in libraries or information centers.
- No more than six hours of Internship credit may be applied toward the MLIS degree.
7900 Internship in Library and Information Science
Submission deadlines are:
Fall Internship: May 15th
Spring Internship: October 15th
Summer Internship: March 15th
The Plan of Work must be submitted to the internship advisor for approval no later than the last week of classes of the semester prior to the semester in which the Internship will be completed.