Thank you for your interest in joining the SLHRD programs, we look forward to reviewing your application materials soon. You will need to submit several pieces of information so we can review your application. If any of the pieces are missing, your application will not be reviewed.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume or C.V.
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE Scores
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Post-baccalaureate transcripts
- Graduate transcripts
- Personal statement expressing your interest in the program.
GRE: We generally look for GRE scores in the 130-170 range on each of the sections. Applicants with lower scores can still be considered, especially if they have good grades and work experience. In rare cases, Master’s applicants can petition to provide an alternative to the GRE if they meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA in their last half of your of undergraduate coursework
- A minimum of a 3.0 GPA on all previous graduate coursework
- Three letters of acceptable recommendations
- Three years of demonstrated successful professional work experience as evidenced by a resume
- Successful completion of a criterion-based essay
Personal Statement: Your personal statement is a 3-4 page document that explicitly describes your interest in the program. This is your best way of introducing you the faculty, so do spend some time with it! The personal statement should provide a brief introduction about you, a description of your longer-term professional and academic goals, and a description of how you think our Masters program will help you reach your goals.
- Applications for fall admission are due by May 15
- Applications for spring admission are due by October 15
- Applications for summer admission are due by March 15