F. Malcolm Hood Memorial Scholarship
The Center for Energy Studies (CES) at Louisiana State University is pleased to announce the 2018-2019 call for the F. Malcolm Hood Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship was established to honor one of the original supporters of CES. The purpose of the scholarship is to support the educational goals of LSU students interested in energy-related fields, with a particular emphasis on energy policy. Two scholarships are awarded in the amount of $1,000 each.
The scholarship will be awarded annually to a student who will be a sophomore, junior, or senior during the fall semester, with GPAs of 3.5 or higher. Graduating seniors are not eligble. While the award will preference students interested in energy policy, students from a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply, provided they are able to show past and/or current dedication to energy-related research and/or coursework.
Application & Essay Requirements
Full and complete applications, including intent essay, must be submitted by March 23, 2018. Each applicant is required to submit an essay of no more than one single-spaced page of type expressing his or her educational and career goals as they relate to energy and/or energy policy.
The award will be announced at the end of the Spring 2018 semester for the 2018-2019
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
- Must be U. S. citizen or a foreign national with permanent residency
- GPA/academic achievement.
- Essay: Quality of content and writing and interest in energy or energy policy and a potential career in this area.
- Extracurricular activities related to or demonstrating past and ongoing interest in energy and energy-policy-related areas.
- Recipient will agree to provide name, résumé and contact information and agree that their essay submission will be made available to the public.
- Recipient will be required to attend at least one CES Industry Associates Advisory Council meeting in Baton Rouge, La., on the LSU campus in order to be introduced as the Hood Scholarship recipient.
- Recipient will attempt to attend at least one other CES event, such as a conference or special speakers seminar.