Students must complete registration, including payment of fees as stipulated in the “Undergraduate Fees and Expenses” section of this catalog, to attend class. The Office of the University Registrar will provide evidence of registration to instructors. Students whose names are not on the official roster may not attend the class until officially registered for that class.

Approval by the Office of Academic Affairs is also required after the official “final date for adding courses for credit,” specified in the Academic Calendar. Students may add or drop courses or make section changes, with approval of the appropriate dean, within the periods designated in the Academic Calendar .

Identification Cards

When first enrolled in the University, students are issued permanent photo identification cards (Tiger Cards) at no cost. The ID card is the property of the University and must be retained for each subsequent term of enrollment.

Lost or stolen ID cards must be reported to the Tiger Card Office, 207 LSU Union, as soon as the loss or theft is discovered. Students who do not report lost or stolen cards in a timely manner may be held responsible for any charges incurred on the cards.

Students who alter or intentionally mutilate a University ID card, who use the ID card of another, or who allow others to use their ID cards may be subject to University discipline.

A charge is assessed to replace a lost, stolen, or mutilated ID card, even if the student is reenrolling after an interruption of study. If a replacement card is issued, the original card is no longer valid.


Students are expected to keep the University informed of their current addresses. Students will be held responsible for communication from any University office sent to the most recent address(es) provided. Changes in address may be made by using PAWS, in deans' offices, or in the Office of the University Registrar.

Students may choose to withhold information from the Internet using PAWS and following the procedure listed.

Students’ names, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers are displayed on the PAWS directory. Students may withhold this information by using PAWS and following the procedure provided at that site.

First Class Meeting

Students who fail to attend the first class meeting without prior arrangement with the department may be dropped or required to drop the course to make space available to other students.

Students are responsible for ensuring that they have been dropped from the course; otherwise, they are liable for a grade of “F.”


Students should observe any special attendance regulations stated by their college, school, division, or the instructor. The instructor may report a student's absences and the student may be placed on attendance probation by his or her dean. A student may be dropped from the college by violating the written terms of such probation.

An absence due to illness or other causes beyond a student's control will be excused when the instructor is convinced that the reason for absence is valid. The University's Policy Statement 22 discusses approved trips, activities, and other instances of excused absences.

Instructors will excuse any student who is unable to attend or participate in class or an examination on a religious holiday supported by the student’s religious beliefs. It is the student’s responsibility to anticipate such conflicts and discuss this with the faculty member well in advance.

Adding or Dropping Courses

To avoid schedule changes after the official registration period, students are encouraged to plan each semester's course work in consultation with academic advisors. Any schedule changes should be made as soon as possible after the beginning of classes.

Students may drop courses through the sixth class day without receiving a grade of “W.” Students may add courses through the eighth class day. A “W” grade will be entered on a student’s record for any course dropped between the sixth class day and the final date for resigning from the University and/or dropping courses. Students should consult the academic calendar maintained by the University Registrar ( to determine deadlines each semester.

Within the limits of the following table, “W” grades do not affect a student’s gpa; however, an excessive number reflects negatively on a student's record and involves substantial cost by way of tuition, books, room and board, and lost opportunities. To graduate in a timely manner, a student should complete at least 15 hours per semester and plan on attending at least one summer term.

Withdrawals cannot exceed the numbers allowed in the following table unless authorized by the dean of the student’s college. Withdrawal allowances cannot be carried forward.

Hours Earned Withdrawals Allowed
Since August, 2006
0-29. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
30-59 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
60-91. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
92-119. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> 119. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Students may drop all courses by withdrawing from the University according to the guidelines in the section, “Resignation from the University.” A resignation will not count toward the number of drops permitted. Hours Earned does not include advanced standing type credits with respect to this policy.

Undergraduate Enrollment in Graduate Courses

Qualified LSU seniors may register for graduate credit with the recommendation of the undergraduate college dean, the approval of the appropriate department chair, and approval of the dean of the Graduate School. Superior undergraduates may also register for graduate credit under the “Accelerated Master's Degree Program.” Requirements and regulations for both programs are specified in the sections, “Graduate Credit for LSU Seniors,” and “Accelerated Master's Degree Program,” found in the chapter, “Graduate School • Professional Programs,” in this catalog.

Refer to the “Course Numbering System” section in the chapter, “Courses of Instruction,” in this catalog for additional information on enrollment for undergraduate credit in 4000- or 7000-level courses.

Registration of LSU Nonacademic Employees

Full time nonacademic (excluding faculty) employees, who have been employed at least one year, with approval from their department head or supervisor, may register for job-related undergraduate or graduate courses at any LSU System campus for up to six hours per semester and receive full tuition exemption. Only three hours per week of the approved jobrelated courses may be taken during work time without charge to annual leave. Continued participation in the tuition exemption program will be based on making satisfactory progress, as determined by the employee’s supervisor. Satisfactory progress shall generally be interpreted to include completion of the course with a passing grade. (Please note that the provisions of this policy do not apply to specialized self-supported educational programs such as the Executive MBA Program. Employees should consult with the Chief Academic Officer on their campus to determine eligibility.)

Full-time nonacademic and other academic (excluding faculty) employees, during the first year of employment and with approval from their supervisors, may register, at their own expense, for a job-related course and be allowed to take the course during work time for no more than one hour per day up to three hours per week.

Cancellation of Registration

Students who drop all of their classes prior to the first day of class will have their registration canceled.

These students will receive a 100 percent refund (less the $10 nonrefundable registration fee), but they must apply to reenter the University before they can register for a subsequent semester or summer term.

Resignation from the University

A student may voluntarily resign from the University beginning with the first day of class through the final day for resigning shown in the “Academic Calendar.” Resignation is initiated in the office of the student's academic dean. The student must obtain a resignation form and file the form with the Office of the University Registrar within 10 days after it has been endorsed by each administrative office indicated on the form. Resignation is not complete until the form is submitted to the Office of the University Registrar.

Students who absent themselves from the University without leave and without official resignation will not be assigned “W” grades and, at the end of the semester, normally will receive grades of “F” in courses for which they are registered.

Students who withdraw from the University without approval, or who are dropped from the University for any reason, may be ineligible for readmission for a semester or longer.

Return to Top


Year Classification of Students

The number of semester hours of credit earned determines a student's year classification, as follows:

Freshman • fewer than 30 hours Sophomore • at least 30, but fewer than 60 Junior • at least 60, but fewer than 92 Senior • 92 or more Exception • A student in a five-year program with at least 60, but fewer than 136 hours, is a junior; with 136 or more, a senior.

See “Course Numbering System” for regulations governing the level of courses students may take, based on their classifications. Students are also classified as full-time or part-time in accordance with the following provisions.

Full-Time Students

The benefits and privileges accorded to full-time students include: use of the Student Health Center; admission to certain athletic events on presentation of a valid University identification card; one subscription to The Reveille (newspaper), the Gumbo (yearbook), and the Legacy Magazine. Only full-time students will be approved for campus employment or may represent LSU in any athletic, dramatic, literary, musical, or other University organization.

Part-Time Students

Undergraduate students are classified as part-time if they schedule or drop to fewer than 12 hours of course work in a semester or fewer than six hours in a summer term. Criteria for part-time status in the Graduate School are available from the Graduate School.

Maximum Credit Load for Undergraduates

Each college establishes the number of semester hours of course work required in each year of its curricula. Registration for more than 19 hours of degree credit in a regular semester requires the approval of the dean of the student’s college. Dean’s approval is also required for registration for more than 12 hours in the long summer session, more than six hours in the short session, or more than 12 hours in a combination of summer sessions. With dean’s approval, students may schedule up to six hours in an intersession.

Full-time students who are doing unsatisfactory work because of a heavy academic load may be required by their college dean to withdraw from one or more courses, provided such action does not change their full-time status. Such mandatory withdrawals do not count toward the student’s number of permitted “W” grades.

Transfer Credit

The extent to which credit earned in other colleges and universities is accepted toward fulfilling degree requirements at LSU (including all campuses of the LSU System) is determined by the dean of the student's college. Students may not receive credit for work taken concurrently at another college or university without prior written approval from their academic dean.

The Statewide Student Transfer Guide and Articulation System Matrices (Board of Regents’ E-matrix) indicate transfer equivalences of courses among Louisiana’s public colleges and universities and may be accessed through the Board of Regents’ Web page at The matrices are not all-inclusive; there are additional courses that articulate between campuses. Students are advised to contact their dean's office or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions if they are unclear as to whether academic credit at other institutions is transferable.

Only work that is acceptable by the offering institution as baccalaureate degree credit is recognized. Credit earned in two-year technical or terminal degree programs which, when completed, results in an “associate in applied sciences” diploma may be accepted to the extent that the courses parallel baccalaureate degree work here, as determined by the appropriate department and subject to the normally applicable conditions.

After students have earned one-half of the credits required for a degree, they may not use additional credits earned in a two-year college outside the LSU System to fulfill degree requirements, unless authorized to do so by the dean of the LSU college or school. A maximum of one-fourth of the credit required for the degree may be earned through regionally accredited university correspondence and extension study.

General Education Credit • Deans are to determine the applicability of transfer courses to a component of LSU's general education requirements.

If the college does not approve a transfer course for general education credit, the student may petition the Office of Academic Affairs for a decision.

Credit for Repeated Courses

A student may not repeat a course in which a grade of “C” or better has been earned unless the catalog description indicates that the course may be repeated for credit or the student's dean approves the repetition for some special reason. If a student registers for a course in violation of the above policy, the student's dean may deny degree credit for the course.

Unless otherwise stated in the course description, credit will be awarded only once for a course that is repeated. When students are permitted to repeat for credit a course previously taken in the LSU System, only the last grade determines acceptability of the course for degree credit. If a student receives a failing grade when repeating a course for which a passing grade had been previously earned, the student will lose the credit previously earned for the course. All instances of repeated courses are included in gpa calculations; however, degree credit may be awarded only for the last repetition.

Students who receive an “F” in a course must repeat the course in the LSU System in order to receive credit and quality points for it. With prior concurrence of the chair of the department in which the course is offered and the dean of the college in which the student is enrolled, credit and quality points may be approved in individual cases for courses repeated outside the LSU System. Students who fail a course twice at LSU may not retake the course without approval from the dean of the student’s major college.


An enrolled student may be admitted to class as an auditor by obtaining written consent from the course instructor and the dean of the college offering the course. After scheduling the course, students must submit the required approvals to their deans' offices to change their enrollment from credit to audit. Other students who desire only to audit (and not to schedule any courses for credit) may obtain special enrollment forms from the Office of the University Registrar. Auditors will not receive credit for courses audited, although courses previously audited may later be taken for credit. See the section “Undergraduate Fees and Expenses” for a listing of fees for auditing courses.

Change in registration from audit to credit or credit to audit requires permission from the instructor of the course and the student's dean. Approval for change from audit to credit must be obtained no later than the final date for adding courses for credit as shown in the “Academic Calendar.” A request for a change from credit to audit must be submitted no later than the final date for dropping courses without receiving a grade of “W.”

Correspondence (Independent) Study

A correspondence course grade will be posted to the transcript when the course is completed. If a student takes the final examination by the last day of the final examination period of a semester/summer term, the grade will be posted to that semester/term. If the final examination is taken after that date, the correspondence grade will be posted to the next regular semester or summer term. Correspondence grades will not be posted to Intersession. The grade will be used to determine academic action for registered students at the conclusion of that semester or summer term.

Return to Top


Credit Examinations

LSU System Credit • Students awarded advanced-standing or proficiency credit on other campuses within the LSU System can awarding the credit is comparable to that on this campus. The student is responsible for requesting that the registrar on the other campus send an official transcript to the LSU Office of Undergraduate Admissions showing the credit earned.

Credit from Other Collegiate Institutions • Credit earned through departmental proficiency examinations administered by other accredited colleges/universities and listed on the official transcript is evaluated in accordance with policies applying to resident credit earned at those institutions. Grades earned through credit by examination are not included in the computation of the gpa.

Subject Examinations • Transfer students who have taken subject examinations in the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or who have participated in the Advanced- Placement Program of the College Board should have their examination scores sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for evaluation.

Transfer credit is not awarded for work or travel experience, except as validated through appropriate departmental proficiency examinations at LSU.

Credit by Examination • Credit by examination is limited to 30 semester hours and cannot be used to reduce the minimum residence requirement for graduation. With approval of the appropriate academic dean, credit earned through advanced-placement courses of the College Board will be excluded from the 30-semester-hour credit limit. Credit exams will not be used to meet the 15-hour requirement in determining honors or dean’s list eligibility.

Proficiency Examinations • A limited number of proficiency examinations are offered through academic departments. Proficiency tests are considered equivalent to final examinations in college-level courses. Ordinarily, students must obtain permission from their academic deans and from the chairs of the departments offering the courses prior to taking the examinations. Students may apply for these tests at any time after they have been admitted to the University. Tests are administered subject to the conditions specified below.

Midsemester Examinations

The “Academic Calendar” shows the midsemester examination period. Faculty must report midsemester grades in all undergraduate courses. These grades are available through PAWS.

Concentrated Study Period

The five-day period during the fall and spring semesters (Wednesday through Sunday) immediately preceding the week of final examinations will be set aside as a concentrated study period. During this time, no extracurricular student activities, such as social and athletic events, will be held on or off campus. Graded required course work (including exams, quizzes, and homework) may count for a total of at most 10 percent of the student’s grade in the course.

Class projects that have been scheduled and placed on the syllabus within the first two weeks of the academic semester are exempt from the 10 percent limit. The assumption is that work on such a project will take place throughout the semester. Laboratory courses are also exempt from this policy.

Any other exceptions must receive prior approval from the Office of Academic Affairs. Students should report any violations of this policy to the Office of Academic Affairs.

Final Examinations

The final examination period will be comprised of six days (Monday through Saturday). Final examinations are required in all courses. When a final examination is inappropriate because of the nature of the course, exceptions to this requirement may be made upon approval of the appropriate department chair and dean/director.

Final examinations must be given during the published dates for the final examination period.

A final examination is defined as the last in a series of major tests specified in the course syllabus. It need not be comprehensive. If the course syllabus does not call for a final examination, the last major unit examination is to be considered the final examination and must be given during the final examination period. When a series of major tests is scheduled in addition to the final examination, the last of the major test series may not be given during the concentrated study period. Exams and performances in laboratory-type courses may be given or required during the concentrated study period.

A student who, because of illness or other valid reason, is absent from any final examination may take a special examination only with authorization of the dean of the student's college.

Return to Top


Faculty members must provide the University and the student with an individual evaluation of each student's work. At the beginning of each semester, faculty members must distribute written course syllabi in all courses, graduate and undergraduate, clearly stating the relative weight of the component factors of the final grade. Additionally, in 4000-level courses in which instruction of undergraduates for undergraduate credit and graduate students for graduate credit is combined, syllabi should clearly set forth any different expectations of performance by students in the two groups (beyond the expectation of a 2.00 minimum gpa for undergraduates and a 3.00 minimum gpa for graduate students).

On request, faculty should provide to students a review of all graded material, including final examinations, that contributed to the course grade and a review of the method by which the grade was determined. Final grades may not be lowered to reflect a student’s poor class attendance.

Unreturned examinations and other graded material should be kept on file for at least six months following the end of the academic term. Faculty members who leave the campus during this period should file all course material in their departmental offices.

It is the right and responsibility of faculty members to determine and assign the grade for each student enrolled in their courses beyond the final date for withdrawing with a “W,” as specified in the “Academic Calendar.” The instructor's assignment of a grade is final; the grade may not be changed or altered except through the academic appeal procedure, following appropriate investigation.

In extraordinary circumstances that make it impossible for the instructor to fulfill the responsibility of determining a course grade, the department chair shall assign the grade. In such a case, the department chair may elect to award the grade of “P” (Pass). This “P” grade would be excluded from the normal limits on use of the pass-fail option indicated below.

Re-examination, special examinations, extra-credit projects, or extra laboratory hours cannot be made available to an individual student unless the same options are available to the entire class.

Undergraduate Grades

Computation of the Grade Point Average

For all academic purposes, gpas shall be specified to three significant figures (two decimal places), with the last figure to reflect rounding from a four-significant-figure average (three decimal places) where possible. If the third figure after the decimal point is equal to or greater than five, upward rounding shall occur. If the third figure after the decimal point is less than five, it shall be dropped, regardless of what the fourth or subsequent figures may be. Thus, 3.9550 becomes 3.96, and 3.9549 becomes 3.95. In calculations to determine relative rank in class, a student's average may be carried to three decimal places. Regardless of the results of rounding, no student shall be deemed to have graduated with a “4.00” average if any grade other than “A” or “Pass” for courses completed appears on the transcript.

Any gpa cited to only one decimal place (as 2.0) shall be construed to mean, mathematically, a figure accurate to two decimal places (as 2.00), regardless of the text.

Pass-Fail Option for Undergraduates

Some courses have been approved to be graded pass-fail for all students enrolled. In courses with regular grading, students may petition for the pass-fail grading option, subject to the guidelines indicated below. In all undergraduate courses with pass-fail grading, the grade of “P” will be given for work of “C” quality or better. The grade of “F” will be given for work below “C” quality.

Students may be registered in several courses regularly graded pass-fail during a given semester and still elect to take an additional course under the pass-fail option program. To register under the pass-fail option, students must obtain the necessary approval from the office of their dean.

Courses passed with a grade of “P” may be offered for degree credit, but the grade will not be considered in computing the gpa. An “F” in a pass-fail course will be treated as any other “F,” both with regard to credit earned and to gpa calculation.

Limited use of a pass-fail option is permitted at the discretion of the individual colleges and schools, subject to the following policies.

For information about the pass-fail option for graduate students, see the “Graduate School Professional Programs” chapter.

Grade Reports

Reports of final grades are mailed to students at the end of each semester and summer term if there is a change in their academic status, provided their financial accounts with the University (all System campuses) are current. Other students may request, via PAWS, that the Office of the University Registrar mail them reports of their final grades. Final and midsemester grades are also available through PAWS.


Upon written request and via PAWS, former and currently enrolled students may obtain complete transcripts of their academic records, provided they are current in their financial obligations to the University (all System campuses). Requests must include the signature of the student. Partial transcripts are not issued. Normally, two days of processing are required after the transcript request is received. At the beginning or end of a semester, considerably more time is required. Telephone requests for transcripts cannot be honored.

Privacy of Student Records

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records:

In addition, the following individuals are also LSU officials:

Students’ FERPA rights go into effect at the time they register.

FERPA also affords parents of dependent students (as defined by section 152 or the Internal Revenue Code of 1954) the right to inspect and review the students’ records. Requests to review dependent students’ records should be made to the Office of the University Registrar.

Copies of the University’s Policy Statement 30 concerning FERPA may be obtained on the LSU Web site and from the Office of the University Registrar. For additional information regarding FERPA, contact the Office of the University Registrar at 225-578- 1696 or

Directory information is defined as the student’s name, local address, telephone number, home address, and e-mail address; date and place of birth, major field of study and classification; activities and sports; weight and height (members of athletic teams); dates of attendance; degrees, awards, and honors received; and the most recent educational institution attended by the student.

Students who wish to withhold information in these categories should complete the appropriate form available from the Office of the University Registrar indicating that directory information is not to be released. The hold will remain in effect until the student requests that it be lifted. Only currently enrolled students may place a hold on the release of directory information.

Return to Top


The following provisions apply to all students, except those enrolled as extension, LSU25+, or “visiting” students. For details regarding the use of correspondence study grades to determine scholastic standing, see “Undergraduate Admission.” Courses taken at Southern University through the LSU-SU Cooperative Program, and Baton Rouge Community College through the LSU-BRCC Cross-Enrollment Program, are recorded as transfer credit.


Gpa • The gpa is calculated by dividing the total number of quality points earned by the total number of semester hours attempted. For example, a student who has attempted 46 hours and has earned 122 quality points has a gpa of 2.65.

Overall gpa • The overall gpa is calculated on work attempted at all colleges and universities attended.

LSU System gpa • The LSU System gpa is calculated on all work attempted at LSU and at any other institution in the LSU System.

Good Standing • Students are in good standing if they are eligible to continue or to re-enroll at the University, even if on scholastic probation or on academic warning status.

Academic Warning

At the end of the fall or spring semester, intersession, or summer term, students will be placed on academic warning status if their gpas are one to nine quality points below a 2.00 on all work attempted or on all work attempted in the LSU System. A notation to that effect will be entered on their transcripts. Students will remain on academic warning until they bring their gpas up to 2.00, or are placed on scholastic probation.

Scholastic Probation

At the end of the fall or spring semester, students will be placed on scholastic probation if their gpas are 10 or more quality points below a 2.00 on all work attempted or on all work attempted in the LSU System. Students may also be placed on probation on the basis of unsatisfactory progress toward meeting the specific requirements of their academic program. Such students will be informed in writing of the conditions required to continue in their academic program.

Students will remain on scholastic probation until they have overall averages of 2.00 or higher on all college work attempted and on all work attempted in the LSU System.

Students who have been removed from scholastic probation will be placed on probation again at the end of any fall or spring semester in which their LSU or overall averages are less than 2.00.

Scholastic Drop

Students on probation will be dropped from the University at the end of any fall or spring semester if their averages are less than 2.00 either on all work attempted or on all work attempted in the LSU System that semester.

Students dropped for scholastic deficiency may enroll, with permission of their dean, in the summer term at LSU. If their quality-point deficits are totally removed during the summer term, they may petition their dean to allow them to enroll for the fall semester. Students who remove their quality point deficiency and complete all degree requirements may not graduate at the end of the summer term. They must register for degree only during the subsequent fall semester and receive their degrees at the December Commencement.

Students in scholastic drop status may register on a noncredit basis for correspondence courses; they may not, however, enroll as auditors. They also may not apply toward LSU degree requirements credit earned at any institution during the period of their ineligibility to enroll at LSU.

The Summer Term/Intersessions

Students cannot be placed on probation or dropped from the University on the basis of work taken during the summer term or an intersession. They can, however, be placed on academic warning status.

Work taken during the summer term can result in students being removed from academic warning status, scholastic probation, or scholastic drop status.

Work taken during an intersession can result in students being removed from academic warning status or scholastic probation.

Reentry after Scholastic Drop

Students dropped for the first time for academic reasons can be considered for readmission when they have been out of the University (all LSU System campuses) for one regular semester.

Students dropped the second or subsequent time for academic reasons must remain out of the University (all LSU System campuses) for one calendar year.

In either instance, readmission may be delayed or denied at the discretion of the dean of the college in which the student desires to enroll.

Students entering the University after scholastic drop will be admitted on scholastic probation. Reinstatement after a scholastic drop (see “Appeal of Academic Ineligibility to Enroll”) will not remove the drop notation from the transcript.

Academic Bankruptcy

Under specified conditions, undergraduate students who have interrupted their college careers for a period of at least five consecutive calendar years may, at the time of application for admission to the University, declare academic bankruptcy. Under this policy all college work taken at an earlier date is eliminated from computation of the grade-point average and cannot be applied toward a degree at LSU. Such work will remain on the student's scholastic records and transcripts, but will not be used in the computation of the grade point average for honors or the University Medal. It will, however, be used to compute the grade point average for admission to graduate and professional study.

Students qualifying for academic bankruptcy will be admitted on scholastic probation. Details of this policy may be obtained from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Student Aid.

Return to Top


Appeals of final grades must be initiated by the student by requesting in writing or actually attending a meeting with the faculty member who assigned the grade at issue within 30 calendar days after the first day of classes in the next regular semester. The procedure is as follows:

Appeal of Academic Ineligibility To Enroll

An undergraduate student dropped from the University because of scholastic deficiency may appeal the ineligibility based on extenuating circumstances. Such appeals must be submitted to the student's dean at least seven calendar days prior to the beginning of the semester/summer term in which the students wishes to enroll. The appeal should be in the form of a letter to the dean, accompanied by documentation of the extenuating circumstances.

Appeals may be reviewed by the dean or, at the option of the dean, by a college committee established for that purpose. In the latter case, the committee will make a recommendation to the dean. Final authority in the college rests with the dean. If the appeal is approved:

If the dean denies the appeal, the student may submit it to the Office of Academic Affairs for review, along with a statement of the reasons why the Office of Academic Affairs should consider the appeal. Final authority rests with the executive vice chancellor and provost.


Standards of Conduct

Disciplinary procedures for students are outlined in the Code of Student Conduct. The University also issues and publishes other rules and regulations governing student organizations, activities, and conduct. Found in the Student Handbook, these may be accessed at The Office of the Dean of Students has administrative responsibility for coordinating all University disciplinary procedures for students. Students who are charged with violations are provided due process, which includes the right to a hearing. Additional details regarding standards of conduct may be found at: judicialaffairs.


Return to Top