Starting an Organization
New student organizations can be created when a group of five or more LSU students form a registered student organization. In order to form the organization, founding members must meet the same requirements as organization officers (see Policy 3 - Officer Requirements and Responsibilities on page 13). Additional requirements are listed in the Student Organization Policy Manual.
Social fraternities and sororities who would like to be affiliated with Greek councils should start the process by contacting Greek Life at (225) 578‐2171.
Recreational organizations who would like to apply for Sport Club status should contact University Recreation at (225) 578-7029 after the organization has been granted active status by Campus Life.
Some of the benefits and privileges of student organizations registered with Campus Life include:
- Reserving LSU facilities, grounds, and equipment
- Funding resources including the Organization Relief Fund (ORF), the Programming, Support, and, Initiatives Fee (PSIF), and Student Senate funding
- Organization Office Space
- Participation in the Student Involvement Fair
- Tiger Stadium Group Seating
- Use of the University Name and Logos
Questions may be directed to the Campus Life staff in 400 LSU Student Union or by calling (225) 578‐5430.
Forms and Documents
Register a New Student Organization
Advisor Agreement Form
Student Organization Officer Form
Student Organization Policy Manual
Student Organization Resource Guide