Leadership LSU (Seniors)
Jump to sections: • The Initiative • Learning Outcomes • Participant Criteria • Required Information Sessions • Leadership LSU Session Dates • Recognition of Leadership LSU Participants
Leadership LSU is an LSU tradition coordinated by LSU Campus Life on behalf of the LSU Office of the Dean of Students. It designed to give a senior student the experience of developing and applying their leadership at high levels while in their final semesters at LSU. You must apply in your senior year.
Students selected for Leadership LSU will participate in an opening retreat at the end of January, and will continue with 7 sessions throughout the spring semester. Leadership LSU concludes with a closing banquet where members of the Leadership LSU class are recognized and celebrated.
The training sessions throughout the spring semester focus on developing skills as a leader, transitioning from college student leadership to focusing on future career plans, and developing solutions to complex societal issues. Participate in panel discussions with community leaders both on and off campus, interact with peers in small group activities, and engage in various leadership exercises that address a current societal issue. Attendance at the retreat and training sessions is mandatory.
Return to top
Students who participate in the Leadership LSU program will be able to:
• Articulate characteristics necessary for active leadership in a post-baccalaureate experiences.
• Connect your leadership experiences with your future career choices.
• Build positive relationships with others in order to impact change.
• Develop civic and social connections for the purpose of understanding leadership within the context of society.
Return to top
• Attain at least Senior standing in the university and will be graduating in the spring, summer, or fall of 2013.
• Maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
• Not currently be on disciplinary probation or deferred suspension.
• Have demonstrated a strong commitment to an involvement in campus and community organizations and activities, as well as articulate the values of the Commitment to Community, and a commitment to diversity/multicultural ideals in leadership.
• Submit two recommendation letter(s) by utilizing the attached document.
• Attend a 45-minute information session with Leadership LSU organizers. These will be scheduled between Tuesday, November 13, Wednesday, November 14 and Friday, November 15.
• Attend each session, as well as the opening retreat, leadership sessions and closing banquet. Attendance at each Leadership LSU event is mandatory.
|10:45am||LSU Student Union Feliciana Room 208|
|12:15pm||LSU Student Union Feliciana Room 208|
|3:15pm||LSU Student Union Feliciana Room 208|
||7:00pm||LSU Student Union Feliciana Room 208|
|10:30am||LSU Student Union Red River Room 323|
|11:30am||LSU Student Union Red River Room 323|
|4:00pm||LSU Student Union Red River Room 323|
|10:45am||LSU Student Union Acadian Room 451|
|12:15pm||LSU Student Union Acadian Room 451|
|3:15pm||LSU Student Union Acadian Room 451|
For more information contact Jacob Brumfield, Assistant Dean of Students and Associate Director, Campus Life at 225-578-5160 or firstname.lastname@example.org