CAMD's Mission and Vision Statement
The Center for Advanced Microstructures and Devices (CAMD) is a synchrotron radiation (SR) facility which serves as a major research and development (R&D) resource for Louisiana and the greater Southeast scientific and engineering community. CAMD is:
- A regional center for facilitating cutting-edge spectroscopic techniques and analytical services;
- An important building block and catalyst for scientific and economic development within Louisiana
- A national center for the development and service of SR-based microfabrication;
The mission of CAMD is to:
- Enhance the quality of research and education at the undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral levels in synchrotron radiation (SR) based research and micro- and nanofabrication;
- Provide cutting edge R&D infrastructure for LSU, Louisiana, and national/international users;
- Offer analytical and fabrication techniques to industrial users and promote new commercial enterprises;
- Provide outreach and education, showcasing high technology and research to K-12 and the general public.
CAMD strives to advance Louisiana’s infrastructure for basic science and engineering research and to be a major leader in the development and orchestration of SR-based techniques for the nation.