Louisiana State University’s supplier diversity initiative is to foster innovation and entrepreneurship through diversity. The goal of the diversity initiative is to identify, align, strengthen and connect with Louisiana’s minority (MBE) and women-owned (WBE) business enterprises. Creating opportunities for small business enterprises that result in a meaningful economic impact for Louisiana State University and the Baton Rouge community.
- Develop partnerships with MBEs, WBEs, to ensure procurement opportunities exist
- Engage in outreach activities to identify diverse suppliers
- Provide orientation on doing business with the University
- Partner with the Diversity Committee established by Louisiana Economic Development
- Ensure LSU Prime contractors have established 2nd tier Diversity Goals
- Connect Campus departments with diverse suppliers
- Develop policies and procedures that assist underserved and under-utilized business to greater access to procurement opportunities
- Develop market-driven goals for participation of diverse suppliers
The Supplier Diversity department, under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Procurement & Property Management, is responsible for managing the Supplier Diversity Plan which includes implementation, monitoring and reporting . Supplier Diversity will work in conjunction with Procurement Services, Accounting Services, Facilities Development, Facilities Management and the Campus Community to ensure that procurement activities are conducted within the parameters of the plan.
STRATEGIC APPROACH TO OUTREACH
Louisiana State University will take a strategic, pro-active approach in soliciting
MBE & WBE Firms’ participation in procurement activities, including but not limited
to participation in State, Regional and Local Diversity Supplier fairs, community
outreach and contracting events, facilitation of in-person meetings with Diversity
Suppliers, and monthly and/or quarterly hosting of diversity supplier orientations
on conducting business with the University.
Click the links below to view the career opportunities currently available in Supplier Diversity.
Sally A. McKechnie, Assistant Vice President of Procurement & Property Management