Electronic Test Scoring & Scanning
Computerized scanning and test scoring services using NCS technology are available in the Office of Assessment and Evaluation. Interpretive tools include scores, frequency distribution, item analysis, reliability coefficient, and descriptive statistics. Individual report sheets for students, electronic transfer of data, and advanced statistical analysis are available.
Electronic Test Scoring
The Office of Assessment and Evaluation, located in Room 51, Himes Hall, offers electronic scanning and test scoring services. Using full size Scantron (8.5"x11") general purpose scan sheets, multiple choice exams can be quickly graded and analyzed. For the basic charge of $12.00 per semester per course (unlimited number of exams) we will provide the following services:
- List of scores – two lists are provided, one listing students alphabetically with rank and one listing students by LSU ID number.
- Frequency distribution – a graph showing the distribution of scores; also gives mean, median, and standard deviation
- Item analysis – a list showing the percentage of examinees who selected each specific answer choice for each question; also shows answers selected by upper third and lower third.
The following services are provided for additional nominal charges on a per exam basis:
- Individual response sheets – a printout appropriate for handing back to students that shows what each student answered to each question, the correct answer to each question, and student rank. COST: $2.50/test
- Electronic Data Transfer – a text file, which lists examinees, scores, and any score adjustments, can be emailed or provided to users on diskette. COST: $7.00/test
- SAS summary – shows mean, variance, standard deviation, reliability (KR-20), and standard error of measurement. COST: $2.50/test
The following are also available on an as-needed basis:
- Standard 5-response sheets (answer choices a-e) 500 ct-
- 10 Response sheets (Answer choices A-J) 500 ct