Strategic Plan Progress Report, September 2017
With the recent launch of the new LSU Strategic Plan 2025, headway is already being made. Below are a few updates on our progress:
1) Improving Health & Well-Being: As part of the LSU One Health initiative, a free diabetes screening to all faculty
and staff will be offered on October 12 from 7:30 a.m. to noon in the LSU Student
Union, Vieux Carre Room.
2) Career Excellence & Enrichment: On Monday, August 7, President F. King Alexander sent a broadcast email to all faculty
and staff members announcing a 3 percent merit pay raise pool to all departments across
3) Service & Operational Excellence: Human Resources Management now offers a number of training courses for faculty and staff to attend professional development opportunities. Classes being offered include:
1) Managing People, Performance, Conflict, Resources, and Projects is a series for new managers, existing managers, supervisors, or any candidate for promotion into a supervisory position.
2) What Matters Most: Managing Your Time, Priorities and Yourself is a series of short classes that provide practical tips for prioritizing and planning your projects, responsibilities and duties.
3) Climbing the Ladder: A Professional Success Series is a group of classes for any employee who is interested in developing a career development strategy and master professional skills that can help them make the most of their LSU career.
4) From Position to Professor: A Faculty Recruitment Series is a four part workshop series designed for faculty hiring managers and search committee members detailing the recruitment process.